Home

How do you play your franchise?

This is a discussion on How do you play your franchise? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-31-2012, 09:09 PM   #1
Rookie

JokerWins's Arena

OVR: 1
How do you play your franchise?

Hey All

Just trying to get some good ideas for how to play my franchise once the Knight rosters are ready.

Ever year I try and play every game and get into season 2 and then never get anywhere past that. With all the minors I feel like I should play 10 plus seasons to see people develop.

So was trying to get an idea what some of you do to get through a ton of seasons? I was thinking maybe I would play each game and every time I lose I would not be able to play again until my team got a simulated win

Anything you might do you want to share?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2012, 09:34 PM   #2
Rookie

MetalBeldo's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How do you play your franchise?

I usually play 1 game out of every series, I pick whichever pitching match up I like the best. Some inter-league series i'll play them all, depending on the team, and if I make the playoffs, I play every game.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:01 PM   #3
Rookie

JokerWins's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBeldo
I usually play 1 game out of every series, I pick whichever pitching match up I like the best. Some inter-league series i'll play them all, depending on the team, and if I make the playoffs, I play every game.
Whats the most seasons you have ever played with one version of the game using this method?
Old 03-31-2012, 10:29 PM   #4
Pro

dbacks_Nation's Arena

OVR: 7

I usually play all 162 games, but I will most likely do about 120-140 games. Also manually injure players that are hurt in reality, and make sure to give Braun the 50 game suspension he deserves; I will.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:03 AM   #5
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Every year I do the same method. Play 1, sim 5. It let's you cycle through your pitching staff, and the 30+ games that you play has a decent impact on season stats and standings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2012, 06:51 AM   #6
Rookie

MetalBeldo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerWins
Whats the most seasons you have ever played with one version of the game using this method?
At least 5 before the next version comes out. August to December I mostly play Madden, or else I'm sure I'd fit another couple seasons in.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:37 AM   #7
Rookie

I play through 1+ season. But I started late last year or else I would've played more. I'll probably get in closer to 2 if not more this year. I play every single inning.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:00 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 17
Heard a good idea from somebody on the boards that said play all of the game when the score is tied, only pitch and sim hitting when your team has the lead, and only hit and sim pitching when your team is behind. You can play both sides during the 7th,8th and 9th if its a one-run game. I think I'm going to try this while playing 2 games from each series. Seems like a good way to get thru a lot of games while never being too far removed from your team

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »