Home

DLC Recommendations

This is a discussion on DLC Recommendations within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-31-2012, 02:19 PM   #1
Rookie

mcmax3000's Arena

OVR: 2
DLC Recommendations

I'm getting close to finishing the mastery goals for my first DLC course (Banff Springs) & I was wondering what recommendations people have as to which course is worth spending coins on next?

I'm only casually familiar with the other courses being offered so I'm not really sure what ones are worth the effort.

(P.S. I have the Collector's Edition so I don't need to unlock any of those courses but recommendations for those might still be useful to others who look at this thread)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2012, 05:37 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: DLC Recommendations

I am curious about others recommendations as well. I have some xbox points to use and just want some suggestions about the other courses. I also have the Masters edition. I am thinking about getting one of the fantasy courses. Just something different
Old 03-31-2012, 05:47 PM   #3
Rookie

Don't know about the quality but wouldn't think you could ever go wrong with Spyglass. It'll be the first one I go after.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:10 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 24

This is my ranking for what its worth.

Spyglass Hill-great challenging course with lots of different elevations. Must have.

Atlanta Athletic club- even more challenging than above with tough water holes. Another must have.

River course at Blackwolf - great combination of scenery and difficulty and almost as challenging as the 2 above. A good 3rd choice after the above 2.

Banff Springs- beautiful scenic course but on the easy side.

Wailiee- about on the same level of difficulty as Banff except with palm trees instead of mountains.

Costa Navarino- another beautiful course that's about the same level of difficulty like the 2 above that's along the Medditerean Sea. Had alot of carnival pins last year so buyer beware.

TPC San Antonio - pretty ugly course with alot of similar holes but on the harder side. One of the last ones I would choose. There's just nothing memorable about it.

Liberty National- I just hate this course. Ugly, easy and looks like some inner city public course which i think it is. Definately the last course I would take. I might even take a fantasy course over this one.

Fantasy courses- the less said the better. I'm a sim guy so that these even exist and take up space on EA's development time annoys me.

Last edited by Seymour Scagnetti; 03-31-2012 at 07:18 PM.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:27 PM   #5
Rookie

mcmax3000's Arena

Thanks for the recommendations.

I agree with your assessment of Banff Springs. It is a little on the easy side but as a Canadian, I've always had a bit of a soft spot for what is usually the only Canadian course that ever makes it into the game.

It definitely sounds like Spyglass is the next best option. I'm just going to play a few more rounds to get enough coins to by three rounds & then I'll give it a shot.

If anyone else has recommendations for myself or anyone else, keep them coming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2012, 11:36 PM   #6
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

I think my favorites of the DLC list are mostly on the list of courses that come with the CE.

I like the PGA National course, Old White TPC, Whistling Straits, Pinehurst and Oakmont. If I didn't have the CE, I'd get those first, since they have hosted majors or, in the case of PGA National and Old White TPC, host a yearly PGA Tour stop (the Honda Classic and the Greenbrier Classic).

I think my first course download will be Spyglass Hill and the others on the list that I want are Blackwolf Run (local course here in Wisconsin) and Atlanta Athletic Club (another major site).
Old 04-02-2012, 06:10 AM   #7
Pro

kennytomson's Arena

OVR: 10

I want the courses with yearly tournaments;

1. The Blue Monster Doral (Cadillac Championship)
2. TPC San Antonio (Valero Texas Open Licensed)
3. Waialea (Sony Open)
Old 04-02-2012, 11:06 AM   #8
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
This is my ranking for what its worth.

Spyglass Hill-great challenging course with lots of different elevations. Must have.

Atlanta Athletic club- even more challenging than above with tough water holes. Another must have.

River course at Blackwolf - great combination of scenery and difficulty and almost as challenging as the 2 above. A good 3rd choice after the above 2.

Banff Springs- beautiful scenic course but on the easy side.

Wailiee- about on the same level of difficulty as Banff except with palm trees instead of mountains.

Costa Navarino- another beautiful course that's about the same level of difficulty like the 2 above that's along the Medditerean Sea. Had alot of carnival pins last year so buyer beware.

TPC San Antonio - pretty ugly course with alot of similar holes but on the harder side. One of the last ones I would choose. There's just nothing memorable about it.

Liberty National- I just hate this course. Ugly, easy and looks like some inner city public course which i think it is. Definately the last course I would take. I might even take a fantasy course over this one.

Fantasy courses- the less said the better. I'm a sim guy so that these even exist and take up space on EA's development time annoys me.
LOL, ahhh Seymour....

I pretty much agree with Seymour list and the order of it. I sprung for all of the DLC courses except for Wolf Creek and Emerald.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »