Home

What is Your Greatest Comeback

This is a discussion on What is Your Greatest Comeback within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-28-2012, 10:19 PM   #1
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23
What is Your Greatest Comeback

I am actually surprised this thread hasnt been started yet...but nonetheless, I am starting it due to some inspiration from a game i just played in my 2k12 association where i came back from being down by 25 points at one point in the game and won.

the rule of this thread is simple: tell us your story. what team were you, who were you playing. what game mode, if association tell us about your roster, and give anywhere from a short recap to a lengthy recall of what happened. it should be fun hearing everyone's stories!!

Ill start with mine. I will keep it short I was playing the wizards in my warriors association. my starting 5 is curry, marshon brooks, wright, lamarcus aldridge, and spencer hawes.

i was getting absolutely creamed. i couldnt make a shot and the wizards were off and running. they had my offense in a funk. at one point near the end of the first qt i was down 32-8. i was able to trim it to 32-13 by the end of the first. from then on my goal was to chip away at their lead. slow them down. they had 19 fast break points in the first qt. i switched my defense to a 3-2 zone and it helped. i was able to cut the lead to 54-44 at half time. i opened the 3rd qt or a 7-0 run and that was as close as i got for the majority of the period until i was able to tie at the end of the 3rd qt 66-66. i was able to pull away towards the end of the 4th qt and ended up winning 99-91. it was an amazing feeling to pull of such a comeback. curry had 29 points for me.

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2012, 10:27 PM   #2
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: What is Your Greatest Comeback

Association
My kings
Fredette,tyreke Evans,Kidd-gilchrist,ilyasova, cousins as starting 5
Vs the magic
Nelson,redick,sullinger,Anderson,Howard

I was down by 16 at one point

Made a big comeback late in the third and early fourth

At half magic were shooting 47% and I was at 38%
End of the game the magic shot 39% to my 51%

Really picked up my d and started converting on the offensive end in the second half

Final score
Kings: 97
magic: 88
Old 03-28-2012, 11:50 PM   #3
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

nice i like it!! how many years in are you?

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 03-29-2012, 12:00 AM   #4
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

I had a game against the Mavs where I was down by 23 I think. I know it was at least 22. I was the Pacers. I can do more than tell you about it. I recorded it.

The best part was that I fouled Dirk out This was on 12 minute quarters so it's not as awesome as a five minute quarter game but still a feat nonetheless. This was the MAVS...lol

It was an awesome comeback lol..

Here's the video..

http://youtu.be/u9_HjV62mXo

They were also chanting MVP for George Hill when he was at the line icing the game and I think he had 45 points..

Last edited by Coach2K; 03-29-2012 at 12:08 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:32 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 5

Online Association
Fantasy Draft
Sorry I dont remember who was on my team because it was like in December. But I will always remember my best comeback. Through the 1st-3rd quarter all I did was rage while in a party with my friends who were members of this league. Long story short I was down 22 entering the 4th. Came back to win by 4. I was so happy lol. Now that I sat to think about it my starting 5 was Jared Bayless, Vince Carter, Tayshuan Prince, Blake Griffin, and Kevin Garnett. Bayless and Prince went off for me. Ending up getting Hold the Fat lady achievement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2012, 03:17 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

A lot of you guys gonna criticize me for playing like this....

This is happen because i just don't wanna lose the game.

It happened on MP with my 99 rating SG. (All attributes and abilities maxed out. Therefore, I have 99 shooting, 99 consistency and 99 off clutch) It's a game in 1st round of the playoffs on allstar difficulty. This is the highest scores I can get in one game. (and the highes steals) My team has Rubio, me, Lebron, Anthony Randolph and starter while Beasley is our 6th man.

My team started to play terrible during the 2nd quarter. Rubio and Lebron James have foul troubles so they miss almost the whole 2nd quarter and about half of the 3rd quarter whilemy team being eaten alive at that time. My other teammates seem unable to hit everything. On the contrary, CPU seem to hit almost everything during 2nd and 3rd quarters. My temamate didn't play defense at all. This is really piss me off.

I decide I'm not gonna lose this game no matter what. Therefore, during the 3rd quarter, I decide to ballhog all game and shoot most shots myself to bring my team back.

I make steals and shoot 3 like crazy, even hiting several transitional 3s after to close the gap. I also spam my deadly weapon, turnaround post-fadeaway jumpshot like Michael jordan too. (My fadeaway and post-fadeaway abilities are great and I have 99 shooting from mid-range) I also shoot as fast as possible during each possession so I can have more time to closer the gap.

I did a lot to keep my team in the game. My team down by around 10 points in the last 3-4 minutes of the 3rd quarter but I committed my 4th foul and the coach benched me til the end of the quarter. Somehow, while I'm on the bench, the gap was wider to 20 points.

At the beginning of 4th quarter, my team still down by 20. However, I ended the game with 15 points win. I scored 40+ points, recorded 11 steals and I think I may made around 10+ 3 pointers on 4th quarter alone.

I know it is completely unrealistic but if i didn't play like this, I'm gonna lose this game. Regularly, I can't play and make incredible stats like this regardless of my 99 rating. (and even if i try to do it again, I feel absolutely sure I can't)

Last edited by nbanoname; 03-29-2012 at 03:47 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:56 AM   #7
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

114 points is redic!!

to the guy who posted the video. ill be watching when i get off work. nothing beats a good comeback

Old 03-29-2012, 11:40 AM   #8
Rookie

engrishbwudd's Arena

OVR: 0

Took me awhile to form a solid comeback because I had the nasty habit of rage-quitting there for awhile. I did come back to win from a 35-point deficit going into the 3rd as the Nuggets against the Lakers. Injured Kobe and went on a massive run. very edifying.

Also totally unrelated, Huzzah for Colorado Springs! Don't see a lot of people from here on the olde forums.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »