Home

Is it just me or does the game seem a bit easier this year?

This is a discussion on Is it just me or does the game seem a bit easier this year? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-25-2012, 10:44 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Is it just me or does the game seem a bit easier this year?

I've played the show series for 3 years now and I must say, from being an "other" gamer for so many years, this game is definitely the best I've ever played. With that said, it seems to me this Year's iteration is a bit easier. Last year I played on HoF difficulty and literally stopped playing mid-year because I couldn't win (I know, I should've gone down in difficulty, I'm stubborn). And I didn't feel like I was cheated or anything, I was just outplayed. But this year seems a bit easier (which is a good thing, this is NOT a complalint, Pared). I'm playing on HoF batting and Legend pitching and granted I've only played a handful of games, but I'm definitely winning a higher percentage of games this year. Does anyone else seem to have an easier time winning in this Year's game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2012, 11:31 PM   #2
Rookie

NickyJ's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Is it just me or does the game seem a bit easier this year?

It's not just you.
I was the same last year, I stopped playing mid-year as I wasn't having much success and was too stubborn to turn down the difficulty.
However this year I'm winning more games, not too many though.
I'm definitely enjoying this years game a lot more.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:32 AM   #3
MVP

johnnyg83's Arena

OVR: 9

Not me. This is the worst I've played after 50 games since the advent of the PS3. I'm adjusting the sliders a bit, but the AI fielding seems so good and fast. I'm not seeing many doubles and I've yet to see a bloop hit. I think the outfields are too small.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:44 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgoi
I've played the show series for 3 years now and I must say, from being an "other" gamer for so many years, this game is definitely the best I've ever played. With that said, it seems to me this Year's iteration is a bit easier. Last year I played on HoF difficulty and literally stopped playing mid-year because I couldn't win (I know, I should've gone down in difficulty, I'm stubborn). And I didn't feel like I was cheated or anything, I was just outplayed. But this year seems a bit easier (which is a good thing, this is NOT a complalint, Pared). I'm playing on HoF batting and Legend pitching and granted I've only played a handful of games, but I'm definitely winning a higher percentage of games this year. Does anyone else seem to have an easier time winning in this Year's game?
yes, then i tried pulse pitching on legend (decreased sliders for hum pitching control/consistency) and zone analog batting on legend, and legend fielding analog style (increased error sliders) with meter on....now after every game the cpu gives me a present...i open it...well looky there...it's my butt handed back to me again gift wrapped.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:57 PM   #5
Rookie

FSanchez12's Arena

OVR: 2

Well for me, this is the best hitting I've done in the 3 years I've had a PS3 and been playing The Show. I have never had so much success, granted I've been playing in Toronto for the majority of my games being I'm using the Blue Jays so that might explain my hitting success. It may also explain how bad my pitching has been this year. I personally think it's because I'm too predictable for the A.I. and they take advantage and light me up, and also I'm playing in Toronto as I said, easy pickings for a HR.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2012, 02:06 PM   #6
Pro

GOBLUE_08's Arena

OVR: 10
Not necessarily easier but it seems like the Cpu is less likely to to match you blow for blow. Last year on higher skill levels everytime I scored a run the CPU scored 3. Score 4 runs they score 6, regardless of how well you were pitching. This year though I've been able to maintain leads if I'm playing well.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:50 PM   #7
Rookie

quack attack's Arena

OVR: 5

can't hit very many homers this year, that seems more difficult
Old 03-26-2012, 05:21 PM   #8
We're Going Farming

Equinox831's Arena

OVR: 18

You ever think that you might just be getting better at the game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »