Home

MLB 2k12 How's Your My Player Going Thread?

This is a discussion on MLB 2k12 How's Your My Player Going Thread? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-25-2012, 02:39 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
MLB 2k12 How's Your My Player Going Thread?

Well, we have a thread for franchise mode, so I figured we should have one for my player as well.

I created a 3rd baseman named Flint Laster. He's 5'10'' around 180 lbs. I made him a lead-off type player and have continually increased his contact and power ratings and not so much they eye ratings which I need to do to get called up.

Through just over 20 games I'm hitting over .400, have a mid .400's on base percentage, have scored nearly 20 runs, and have nearly 20 RBI's too. I had a 12 game hit streak end a couple of games ago, but I'm looking to get my new streak extended to a measly 3 game, but you have to build it up. I'm hoping I can beat my 12 game hit streak with this current one.

I'm using MK's sliders, so I don't know why I am a beast at the plate because in my franchise with the sliders I am 9-12 with the Braves, but in My Player I am dominating these AA pitchers even though my ratings aren't that great, but are pretty good for AA I guess with my contact in the 60's and power in the 50's.

So how are you all doing in My Player? Are you having success like my Flint Laster, or are you struggling to put up the stats you need? Come in and share your stories.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2012, 02:39 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 2k12 How's Your My Player Going Thread?

I started a starting pitcher, 6'1"/195 pounds, for the Twins. I am 3-0 at AA New Britain with an ERA of 0.81 (2 ER in 22 innings) after three AA starts. I throw Fastball, Slider, Change-up (like Franscisco Liriano).

I have a cheap gamepad, which slows down the time it takes to aim pitches. I think that saving a few bucks on the gamepad will cost me more time than it's worth.

So far, I like the way the pitch ratings dynamically adjust based on what's working for you in a particular game.

I have upgraded stamina and control so far. I get pretty tired around 60-70 pitches. In one game, I remember I threw 72 pitches, 50 strikes and 22 balls.

I have gotten 2-3 hits batting already between the 3 games, but that's probably luck.

I haven't calculated how long it could/should take me to get to the majors, but I wouldn't mind spending a full season in the minors, maybe make the playoffs, etc.

I hope it's less annoying than MyPlayer in NBA2k12, which I have grinded on for an in-game season and a half, and I think my progress has been too slow and frustrating.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:52 AM   #3
Rookie

MillerTE92's Arena

OVR: 2

I started a 5'9" 183 ilb(my real size) slugger catcher for the Braves(just pressed random team to have the feeling of being drafted) I've played 11 games at the AA level and batting around .500 I have 4 HRs 9 RBIs and 5 SBs I hate how the guy after me in the batting lineup sucks he will watch the first two strikes go by without swinging then usually strikes out on the next pitch or two other then that it's been pretty fun
Old 03-27-2012, 10:47 AM   #4
Rookie

I created a First Basemen with my name. 6'0" 190 lbs. I began with the Marlins, drafted first round, and batter about .560 in the 25 minor league games before I was called up because of my performance. I hit 13 home runs, 4 triples, and 3 doubles with about 24 RBI's. I was called up a 70 overall, with 60's for contact, power, and 70 for catching and speed. I finished the season hitting 56 homeruns in the 3 month season I played, batting .565 and hitting in 124 RBI's. I led the league in HR's, RBI's, and steals with 77. I led the team from last place July 1st to first place in the east, second in MLB by seasons end. In the post season, I hit 5 homeruns in a 3-1 series win against the reds, 6 HR's in the 4-2 series win against the Dodgers, and hit 6 more HR's in the 4-0 sweep of the Red Sox in the World Series. By the beginning of the second season, I am a 89 Overall, and the 5th Best player in the Marlins organization. I won the MVP, ROY, and WS MVP.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:46 AM   #5
Rookie

MillerTE92's Arena

What difficulty are you playing on
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2012, 09:59 AM   #6
Rookie

hawkeye2188's Arena

OVR: 21

Just started a new closer, 6'4 220 only played in 12 games or so. Only stat im boosting right now is fastball speed. Currently at 95mph. Ballsy strategy it may be but I'm just having fun with this guy trying to recreate Joel Zumaya from his glory days.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:16 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm playing as a 3rd baseman currently on the Dodgers in my second year. And for some reason I'm getting errors, when I'm not even controlling my player. Other than that I'm enjoying it.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:29 PM   #8
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

My MyPlayer 2nd Basemen is still toiling in the Cubs AA system. I am enjoying having the next potential Ryno though!

Question: Does/Can your MyPlayer get injured?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »