Home

About to start a legacy, help please

This is a discussion on About to start a legacy, help please within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-21-2012, 03:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
About to start a legacy, help please

I am about to start a legacy but havent played this game in years, so got a few questions.

1. Should I coach? Is the coach mode fun enough to stand through a season?

2. If I coach can I still jump in and play some games or will it skew the results?

3. If I play how many games per year do you usually play?

4. Which rosters should I use? xbox

5. And lastly, are the 2k servers permanently down? i cant get on 2kshare

thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2012, 09:30 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: About to start a legacy, help please

First I wanna say when someone has 5 questions about a basketball game that is 5 years old, you know it's a darn good game.

1. Your preference. I like to play my games (or watch CPU vs. CPU when I'm busy with something), but I've never coached a game before, so perhaps someone else can help you on that one.

2. Never coached before, so I don't know, but I assume you can't since, to my knowledge, you aren't able to switch to coach mode when you are playing Human Vs. CPU or CPU Vs. CPU.

3. In my experience, a season is at least 25 games not including your conference tournament and possible NCAA tourney games if you make it. Maybe a few more or less depending on your team and if you are customizing your schedule.

4. I have the PS3 version, so I can't recommend an Xbox 360 version of updated rosters based on experience, but I hear Raiderfan's rosters are held in high regard here on these forums. Peep the rosters section for more info.

5. They have been back up for me this week and I assume they are the same servers for both PS3 and Xbox 360 (since they both went down at the same time). You might wanna try again. If not, it should be back up soon.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:05 PM   #3
MVP

VandyRedskins21's Arena

OVR: 18

1. I do coach mode and I love it but I know a lot of people aren't big fans of it. The only way you will know whether or not you'll like it is if you try it out.

2. You are not able to go from coach mode to just playing the game.

3. I like playing all of them. Some only do conference games and some only do tournaments. It's really up to you. If you can go a whole season in a reasonable amount of time and you enjoy the whole season, play the whole thing.

4. Well with 2kshare down, you should go with raiderfan's since it is available online. The original 07-08 rosters are probably best just because there is no bias whatsoever and the roster is set specifically for the game (if that makes sense). But I do like raiderfan's a lot and have played with his rosters this year and last. I really like Deepball's as well but since 2kshare is down, there is no way to get them at the present time.

5. They have been down for a couple of weeks now but I have seen where a few people (mainly on the ps3 i think) have been able to get on so I guess it's not a permanent thing. This isn't the first time 2kshare has been down for a good length of time though so I'm not too worried.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:06 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

i was able to get onto 2kshare last night around 11pm est on the 360 after not being able to do it all week starting saturday so there is some hope

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »