Home

Recruiting Idea

This is a discussion on Recruiting Idea within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-18-2012, 03:09 PM   #1
Banned

DJACK's Arena

OVR: 3
Recruiting Idea

Does anyone else thing it would be cool if it showed school size and high school stats in a players recruiting card? School size could just be small/medium/large to keep it simple, and have the high school stats to know the players production. CH2k8 had the stats thing in their recruiting.

I think this would be cool because then to find some sleepers you could look for kids that put up big stats but at small schools against weak competition and got overlooked because of who they were playing against.

Who knows maybe with the new scouting in dynasty mode they have added something to spice up recruiting. I'm tired of everyone being so similar. I can find 5 guys in one recruiting class with identical stats/faces.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2012, 03:27 PM   #2
Pro

JalenTigh's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Recruiting Idea

I would like to see more depth in recruiting period.. this is a decent idea... Id like to see high school pipelines as well. Having an entire state be a pipeline feels to generic... there are plenty of high schools around that tend to send there players to one specific school, even when hardly anyone else in the state goes there.

Georgia

College Basketball
Maryland
Georgetown

NFL
Washington Redskins
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens

Old 03-18-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
Pro

pirates946's Arena

OVR: 16

I do like that idea. I always want to know what kind of stats the guys are putting up. You said sleepers might be the guys putting up big stats at small schools. Thats not always true. In my city in Texas, at the highest level (5A) there are some guys who put up good numbers but dont go anywhere at all. Also Tech signed 2 receivers who were among the top 15 WRs in the country and they played at the 2 smallest class sizes in Texas (1A and 2A). It is a good idea though to see what schools they were playing at but a small school doesnt mean the guy is an unknown.

Taylor Potts Gang or Die
Old 03-18-2012, 04:30 PM   #4
Banned

DJACK's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirates946
I do like that idea. I always want to know what kind of stats the guys are putting up. You said sleepers might be the guys putting up big stats at small schools. Thats not always true. In my city in Texas, at the highest level (5A) there are some guys who put up good numbers but dont go anywhere at all. Also Tech signed 2 receivers who were among the top 15 WRs in the country and they played at the 2 smallest class sizes in Texas (1A and 2A). It is a good idea though to see what schools they were playing at but a small school doesnt mean the guy is an unknown.
Well no obviously not all the time but I have seen many cases where small school guys dominate but don't get many offers due to their competition. Then they go off to college and pick up right where they left off. Obviously those guys aren't all sleepers and sometime those guys disappear, I was just giving an example. Another could be a guy at a big school loaded with talent who is a productive starter but maybe slips through the cracks due to his teammates getting more attention. Just throwing an idea out there to give recruiting more depth.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:52 PM   #5
Pro

pirates946's Arena

OVR: 16

Oh yeah I know exactly what you mean. Im ready for just some kind of new idea for recruiting since it has been the same for a long time. Any new idea I would welcome. I think what we are talking about is a potential rating. Small school guy with high potential. Doesnt produce as much as he should against weak competition. He comes into college underrated but with loads of potential and becomes a star. Same with a big school guy. I think just adding the big/medium/small school thing would add depth if it is paired with the potential rating. I think the community has talked about the potential rating a lot and i think it might have made it in this year.

Taylor Potts Gang or Die
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2012, 05:30 PM   #6
Banned

DJACK's Arena

Another idea is to have coaches with scouting ratings, and depending on the scouting rating of your coach you unlock a prospects ratings within a certain range.

For example..
-Say player 1 has 89 Speed

A coach with an "A" scouting ratings might unlock a players ratings within a range of 2.. Example Player 1 has 89-90 Speed, etc.

A coach with a "B" scouting rating might unlock a players ratings within a range of 6.. Example Player 1 has 87-92 Speed, etc.

A coach with a "C" scouting rating might unlock a players ratings within a range of 10.. Example Player 1 has 85-94 Speed, etc.

A coach with a "D" scouting rating might unlock a players ratings within a range of 14.. Example Player 1 has 83-96 Speed, etc.

This would allow for coaches with higher ratings to know pretty much what they are getting, while with lower rated scouters it might be a little bit of a shot in the dark.

Last edited by DJACK; 03-18-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:43 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJACK
Another idea is to have coaches with scouting ratings, and depending on the scouting rating of your coach you unlock a prospects ratings within a certain range.

For example..
-Say player 1 has 89 Speed

A coach with an "A" scouting ratings might unlock a players ratings within a range of 2.. Example Player 1 has 89-90 Speed, etc.

A coach with a "B" scouting rating might unlock a players ratings within a range of 6.. Example Player 1 has 87-92 Speed, etc.

A coach with a "C" scouting rating might unlock a players ratings within a range of 10.. Example Player 1 has 85-94 Speed, etc.

A coach with a "D" scouting rating might unlock a players ratings within a range of 14.. Example Player 1 has 83-96 Speed, etc.

This would allow for coaches with higher ratings to know pretty much what they are getting, while with lower rated scouters it might be a little bit of a shot in the dark.
There would have to be some randomness to it. Right now, those answers are always the average.

I also think there should be a random chance for a coach to do better or worse on a particular player. Maybe your "A" coach overrates a player's physical attributes because he is in love with a school or his technical attributes.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:09 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think they should use the sparq rating for ranking classes but have the star a recruit is depend on your system and what ratings or tendency you prefer. Like if I set my O-Line preference for Run Blocking and theres a guy in the recruiting data base with Bs in Run Blocking Strength and Footwork but Ds in Pass Blocking he'd be a 4/5 star recruit on my board but for an air raid team that has Pass blocking as there preference for O-line the guy would be a 1 or 2 star prospect on theres.
OKC Thunder

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »