Home

Classic Hitting (Online Play)

This is a discussion on Classic Hitting (Online Play) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-18-2012, 02:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Classic Hitting (Online Play)

Does anyone know how to enable classic hitting during online play? I normally have classic hitting enabled (offline games) but when I play online, the controls revert back to total control hitting.

I've tried the usual, controller setup, click the left stick but the usual menu doesn't pop up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2012, 10:09 AM   #2
G* H*gs G*!!

TheTruth's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Classic Hitting (Online Play)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twubear
Does anyone know how to enable classic hitting during online play? I normally have classic hitting enabled (offline games) but when I play online, the controls revert back to total control hitting.

I've tried the usual, controller setup, click the left stick but the usual menu doesn't pop up.
They took it out this year, at least for ranked games. I haven't tried playing a friend yet to see if it is still an option.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:01 PM   #3
Banned

Plache's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by twubear

They took it out of online play beginning in MLB2k10, thankfully.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:08 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plache
They took it out of online play beginning in MLB2k10, thankfully.
Thankfully??

Personally, I think that's a bunch of dung...but that's just me. Not sure what your beef is with classic hitting, but it makes little sense to me. some of us really enjoy it...
Old 03-19-2012, 05:45 PM   #5
Banned

Plache's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Thankfully??

Personally, I think that's a bunch of dung...but that's just me. Not sure what your beef is with classic hitting, but it makes little sense to me. some of us really enjoy it...
They took it out of the "online" game because it was too easy and was an unfair advantage if one player chose the option and the other didn't...use it offline all you'd like, online I'm glad it's gone (as are most players), plus 2k really wanted to implement stick hitting rather than button pushing, and this was one way to do it. Give stick hitting a chance, it is more of a challenge in the beginning - but it's a rewarding experience when you get it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2012, 06:00 PM   #6
G* H*gs G*!!

TheTruth's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plache
They took it out of the "online" game because it was too easy and was an unfair advantage if one player chose the option and the other didn't...use it offline all you'd like, online I'm glad it's gone (as are most players), plus 2k really wanted to implement stick hitting rather than button pushing, and this was one way to do it. Give stick hitting a chance, it is more of a challenge in the beginning - but it's a rewarding experience when you get it.
I think stick hitting is easier than button. You can't choose contact or power with the button. In my experience, I can score more runs using the stick.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:53 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

^^^ this. I did try stick hitting and gave up on a game this year in the 4th inning when I had 15 hits on all-star sliders. I wanted to try it this year but found it to be boring and easy.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:17 AM   #8
Banned

Plache's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth
I think stick hitting is easier than button. You can't choose contact or power with the button. In my experience, I can score more runs using the stick.
If I remember correctly, you CAN choose power or contact, they're two different buttons. Either way, play however you like offline: I'm glad it's stick only online. Stop

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »