Home

2k should be ashamed of 2k12

This is a discussion on 2k should be ashamed of 2k12 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 02:34 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
2k should be ashamed of 2k12

Clutch factor off, clutch at 0. Up by 20 going into the 4th quarter......... O field goals in the 4th quarter and I lose. Really? Don't say I suck because it was on superstar and I was using OS sliders and I was winning by 20. Open layups missed, everything missed. I don't even know how a game as good as 2k11 could be followed up with one as cheap and bad as 2k12
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2012, 02:43 PM   #2
Banned

CUTigers2324's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: 2k should be ashamed of 2k12

There's really no call for a pointless thread like this, you probably just got complacent with the big lead and weren't running your offense as soundly as before. I've played countless hours of 2K12, and usually, when I blow a big lead it's because I lost focus, not because of some clutch factor. Same thing happened in 2K11, because both games are basketball simulations and guess what? Sometimes, in basketball, teams blow big leads.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:47 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

There has to be some comeback code in the game. Trevor Ariza blasted a 3 in my face with F Quality. I've even seen Joakim Noah hit a Buzzer Beater 3. When there is a guy on the wing, my player gets stuck and wont run at him to defend. A lot of coincidences that make the CPU play better.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:48 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

People should post videos.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:52 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUTigers2324
There's really no call for a pointless thread like this, you probably just got complacent with the big lead and weren't running your offense as soundly as before. I've played countless hours of 2K12, and usually, when I blow a big lead it's because I lost focus, not because of some clutch factor. Same thing happened in 2K11, because both games are basketball simulations and guess what? Sometimes, in basketball, teams blow big leads.
Nah, this isn't pointless, happens way too frequently all this comeback stuff. It happens to me, and seems to be happening to most other people playing.

Doubt he was getting complacent, doesn't really matter what you do in the fourth quarter sometimes vs the CPU, could be running a perfect offense and the CPU would still do something to cut the lead.

It just seems in the fourth quarter, shots that you made in the first quarter just don't seem to fall anymore, and the shots the CPU was missing earlier just start to always go in, it's as simple as that. They step up their D, and your guys start playing terrible D. Something doesn't seem right about that if you ask me.

Not every basketball team just collapses late in the game and let's you come back, comebacks are a huge part of basketball, but it's nothing like how 2K portrays it in real life.

They do everything right late in the game, it's very easy to see that.

This game is really frustrating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2012, 05:10 PM   #6
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36

This isn't a waste thread. This happens all the time! Every lay-up I take misses Open Jumpshots Missed while the CPU is nailing threes right In my face.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:20 PM   #7
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Actually, this is ok...in 2K12's world. Obviously, it doesn't make sense in the real world, but in 2K12's world it's business as usual. On the other hand, if the CPU loses on the higher levels, let 2K know about it so they can fix it. It's a glitch.

2K13 needs 3 game modes: Casual, Sim and Challenge. 2K12's Sim is supposed to be Challenge mode. It's not Sim basketball. And it's ok to have this kind of mode, but please don't call it Sim.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 03-17-2012, 06:09 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 13

here are some 4th quarter comebacks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UFzz7X1rV0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdfYicoAaBQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MI3sj3XKrQ