Home

2012 Predraft before starting season 1 of Franchise mode?

This is a discussion on 2012 Predraft before starting season 1 of Franchise mode? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-16-2012, 09:44 AM   #1
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20
2012 Predraft before starting season 1 of Franchise mode?

This has been talked about briefly here and with the myriad of issues and additions Madden needs to make how do you guys feel about the option to Draft before the 1st season in Franchise mode.

I don't mean the Fantasy draft but for example in M13 being able to draft from the pool of incoming rookies this season before starting season one. (Essentially starting Franchise mode in the off season)

I think this would be an interesting feature to add and would add a little bit of flavor to both online and offline franchise mode.

Is this a feature that seriously would interest franchise players or an option that would be nice but not really considered a priority?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2012, 10:05 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: 2012 Predraft before starting season 1 of Franchise mode?

I've always wanted this in Madden. I think Head Coach had this, and it made the game more interesting.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:21 AM   #3
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

I think it could help boost Franchise Modes longevity. I know some players like to restart once the teams start becoming full of unknown players. With this feature you could restart with the same team but draft differently or reverse mistakes you felt your franchise made in the real draft.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:26 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

It's such a good idea it's obvious it needs to be in.

Or at least I thought it would be. Why can't we start Year 1 in the offseason. That's when the "New Football Year" starts anyway, with the beginning of the Combine (I believe that's the first "big event" after the Super Bowl in real life).
Old 03-18-2012, 08:45 AM   #5
Rookie

jethrobag's Arena

OVR: 2

Why start with the draft? Why not start the franchise mode at the start of the offseason? That way you could make coaching changes and sign free agents to impact the team right away.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2012, 10:53 AM   #6
Rookie

prime21time37's Arena

OVR: 5

although i like the idea, it wouldnt work for me personally. after yr 1 im all for shaking anything up, but in yr 1 my chise needs to mirror real nfl. so drafting everyone to different teams or signing FAs to different teams would be hard for me to do. after yr 1 anything goes though. but hey its just my opinion, doesnt make it right
Old 03-18-2012, 05:10 PM   #7
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

It could start at the beginning of the offseason. I was more interested in this as a feature in general. Obviously there would also be the option to start in preseason with actual NFL rosters. Basically have an option when you start franchise to start in preseason, offseason or fantasy draft.

This has been brought up here before as a feature, judging by the amount of interest I would assume its not a big priority right now for franchise users.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:25 PM   #8
Pro

JalenTigh's Arena

OVR: 6

It sounds like a good idea... but it would be the such a major offline cheese feature.. after a few weeks of the season, or even pre-season everyone will know which rookies are gonna have a major impact, and will be able to draft accordingly... Where is the fun in that?

Georgia

College Basketball
Maryland
Georgetown

NFL
Washington Redskins
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »