Home

EA Sports: MVP Baseball to Return?

This is a discussion on EA Sports: MVP Baseball to Return? within the MVP MLB Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-16-2012, 08:04 AM   #1
Pro

22cedric's Arena

OVR: 11

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/e...all-to-return/

EA Sports has been a leader in football and soccer, but when it comes to our national passtime, the publisher simply hasn't had an opportunity in the market in several years thanks to MLB's exclusive third-party agreement with Take-Two's 2K Sports. That agreement is coming to an end in 2012, and since the MLB2K games have been underperforming, odds are 2K Sports won't seek a renewal. This, of course, opens the door for EA Sports and its once popular MVP Baseball franchise to return to the virtual diamond.
Speaking to IndustryGamers (as the head of EA Sports before being promoted to EA COO), Peter Moore informed us that the "majority" of the team that worked on the MVP Baseball series are still employed at EA Sports. "There’s enough people at Sports who would say 'I’m in.' And we’ve got enough quality talent that’s been around a long time. You would start from scratch because this would be something where you’d have to build the engine again because it’s been a few years," he said.

Moore added, "But the business has to be right for it. We like where we’re at right now in building the relationship, kind of interestingly, from the lowest common denominator, which is Facebook, and we’ll see where we go from there."
Moore's referring to EA Sports' World Series Superstars on Facebook, which lets you build and train a baseball team. "If you’re a baseball fan, it’s a lot of fun. But, you know, we’ve had a relationship that goes back a long time with MLB, MLBPA, and...we’re dealing with them all again, so we’ll see what happens."
EA Sports will definitely be watching the situation between MLB and 2K closely. "It hasn’t worked out the way 2K would have liked it from the baseball perspective. I don’t know whether they’re renewing," Moore observed. "We will certainly, as always, keep an eye on it."
Sony's MLB The Show franchise is king of the hill right now, but MVP was highly rated at the time. What do you think? Should EA Sports pursue MVP again?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2012, 07:03 PM   #2
Rookie

quack attack's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: EA Sports: MVP Baseball to Return?

please god i hope so, i am frankly getting bored of the show, don't get me wrong, it is a very good game, but from 11' to 12' it's obviously going in reverse (my opinion) they took out a ton of cut scenes for the same 2 cut scenes over and over, i want to be able to scend my manager out onto the field to argue, i jus't get so infuriated with things that were in the (last gen) games being left out, maybe MVP could put all the good things together and make a great game once again, p.s. gamestop is no longer buying ps2's or ps2 games, there very cheap right now, for anyone that has never played MVP, go get a ps2 and see whats missing from newer baseball games!
Old 04-16-2012, 06:55 PM   #3
Rookie

nivek64's Arena

OVR: 4

I agree totally with EA getting back into baseball and making a quality game. I think that they have been quietly working and waiting for 2K to end. If you look at MVP Mods.com there has been quite a continued following with most of the current games whether it is console or PC. The developers who have modded the game should be hired as consultants should EA consider releasing a new game.

My two cents.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:19 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

yeah,there was just an update to Total Classics recently...so cool to be able to play with all the best teams. Those modders rule
Old 05-22-2012, 08:39 PM   #5
Pro

22cedric's Arena

OVR: 11

Sincle MLB 2K got cancelled I think the return of MVP Baseball is more likely.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2012, 03:35 AM   #6
Rookie

OriolesFanRD's Arena

OVR: 5

If EA makes another MVP '05, I'll pay $80. Best baseball gaming of my life. The Show is a super beast though!
  • Baltimore Orioles
  • San Antonio Spurs
  • Maryland Terps [Basketball|Football]
Online Championship Wrestling
2012 Baltimore Orioles - Left us way too soon. Fun ride, fellas!
2014 Baltimore Orioles - My soul hurts. It hurts really bad
Old 05-23-2012, 11:40 AM   #7
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

OVR: 0

i would love for MVP to make a comeback. i need a baseball game for my 360!

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 05-23-2012, 02:15 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 4

as someone who got used to and even enjoyed the 2k series after being force-fed it over the past few years, if they released mvp 05 with a roster update i would probably pay full price. i hope they dont its too big of a risk to start from scratch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball »