Home

Hitting with Zone

This is a discussion on Hitting with Zone within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-15-2012, 09:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Hitting with Zone

Hey all, I was wondering if someone could clear some confusion I'm having concerning hitting. The last installment of MLB i have been playing was MLB 10. With that I use zone 1/4. With that setup, I used the X button to swing and hit and used the square button to power swing. I got this years version of the game and use Zone 1/4 again. I saw hat the power button is the square buttton, but saw that it says I should use the circle button for a contact swing. The X button works as a swing button and hits the ball but I only squeeked out one hit in my last game. My question is, should I be using the contact (o) button all the time (unless of course I wanna power swing) or should I use the X button for a "normal" swing. I'm confused as to what button I should swing with under normal hitting conditions. Any insight is appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2012, 09:54 PM   #2
The Champ Is Here

Doormat's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Hitting with Zone

I say use contact swing when you have a 2 strike count, anything less use normal or power
Old 03-15-2012, 10:42 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

i never use it unless theres a runner on third with 0-1 out and i really need to make contact for a run.in my experiance the ''o'' contact swing generally results in weak grounders/lazy popups.i also hardly ever power swing.i hit the ball out with ''x'' just fine.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:10 AM   #4
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Very rare that I use contact swing, and even more rare that I use power swing. The only time I power swing is on a 2-0 or 3-1 count and the pitch is right were I am looking, which does not happen much. If it is not right were I want it I just take it. I just use normal swing and have no problem.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:00 AM   #5
Rookie

Tecumseh_81's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
Very rare that I use contact swing, and even more rare that I use power swing. The only time I power swing is on a 2-0 or 3-1 count and the pitch is right were I am looking, which does not happen much. If it is not right were I want it I just take it. I just use normal swing and have no problem.
Same here. I still hit for plenty of power by pressing X.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2012, 08:12 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Very rare that I use power swing. The ends dont' justify the means usually. If the guy has power, X will do, and O will at times as well. I've hit several home runs with Bautista using a contact swing.I will use O for when I'm behind in the count or if I can't really predict what the guy is going to do next. If he has been all over the zone, I will use contact in any high count (2-2, 3-2). Or if the guy has horrible ratings, I will use contact a lot more. Thome, for instance, has a horrible PCI. If get an eye on the pitch, sure, but I don't trust my eye just yet these days.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »