Home

Most frustrating/lopsided loss

This is a discussion on Most frustrating/lopsided loss within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-15-2012, 05:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Most frustrating/lopsided loss

Hey everyone,

Third year playing The Show franchise, and I love it. The game does give me some rage fits from time to time, especially with seemingly scripted blowout loses.

Just finished a game against the Braves, where I lost 17-4. One inning they hit everything I could throw at them away from my fielders, while the ump pinched me like crazy.

Overall this has to be my most frustrating game of the show.

Curious to hear other peoples stories.

Cheers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2012, 06:56 PM   #2
The Champ Is Here

Doormat's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Most frustrating/lopsided loss

I haven't had many for offline but a LOT online against my real life friend.

Last year me and him had a lot of tough games against each other where it felt like whoever had 5 runs in the end would win at least, 4 was not safe.

He used the Yankees and I chose the Sox (we're both Yankee fans) at Yankee Stadium. I scored the first run because of Ellsbury getting a single then stealing, then trying to steal 3rd Martin overthrew A-Rod and I ended up scoring. Skipping to the 8th it was a 3-3 ball game with about 8 strike outs for both sides, bases loaded, pop up. Double play (the throw to first was SOOO close that I was about to delete my friend lol but he got lucky on that play). 9th inning the same situation happens except it was a fly ball that somehow got me thrown out at home on another close play (and for some reason Swisher was playing shallow against Saltalamachia) and a strike out followed by a ground out.

Skipping to the 12th inning, Nick Swisher up against Pap, first pitch to right.. gone. I didn't delete my friend but to this day I keep telling me I was about to. Felt like the game was against me the whole game but a loss is a loss.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:59 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38

Old 03-15-2012, 07:00 PM   #4
MVP

jct32's Arena

OVR: 17

Old 03-15-2012, 07:02 PM   #5
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Johnny Gomes had a season lol. Also, glad to see I'm not the only one Jemile Weeks is killing.

I just got shutout by Jordan Lyles and the Astros while playing with the Twins at the old Metrodome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2012, 07:06 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 11

Lost 7-0 to the Yankees, coming off an 11-7 win.

The game just didn't want me to hit that game, and it was before I figured out how to turn it to meter pitching so the pitches were all over the place.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:13 PM   #7
Rookie

Had one the other day- Yankee season against Boston who were in last place in the division at the time beat me 9-8. No matter how many times I came back from my deficit they wouldn't just die! And my big hitters just let them run all over them as if they were minor leaguers. So frustrating--

But took the next two games so made me feel better.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:42 PM   #8
Rookie

Good stories guys. That boxscore definitely looks familiar to my bad game.

Anyways, I just finished getting my revenge against the Braves, this time at Yankee Stadium.

Nova struck out 10 in 5 innings, but gave up 8 hits and 2 runs. Managed to take the lead in the 7th with a nice triple off the wall in centre by Gardiner. Almost threw my controller though when Ross came off the bench with 1 out in bottom of the ninth to hit a solo jack to tie it 3-3.
Rivera pitched the 10th and I won it in the bottem 10th with Jeter on 3rd, two outs, and A-Rod lines one to left that just went off the glove of Prado for a single. Very roller-coaster game. Yankes win 4-3

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »