Home

**Perfect Sliders 2012** (HOF)

This is a discussion on **Perfect Sliders 2012** (HOF) within the MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-13-2012, 06:03 AM   #1
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23
**Perfect Sliders 2012** (HOF)

Usual disclaimer i.e. they obviously arent perfect, its simply the name they have been known by for years. Right, now thats out of the way...

I know i know...i said i wasnt going to do anything in the slider game this year, and truthfully, i dont want to have to, but...i do. The more ive played the more ive realised there are some things that need tweaking (and i mean only slight tweaking, not big changes).

I think the epiphany moment came for me last night when i had Austin Jackson (speed merchant) thrown out going from 1st to 2nd on a liner single to right field from the next batter, that just shouldnt happen.

Anyway, i really, really, really wanted to roll with default HOF this year but alas, as i say, its become painfully obvious that i cant ignore it any longer and that some things do require tuning to give the right balance of offense and defence.

Im off work today so plan to get a few more games in this morning/afternoon to just be certain in my own head about what really needs moving slider wise, and the adjustments really dont need to be big.

Ill get them up this afternoon, and id just like to thank everyone whos sent PM's to me for their kind words and well, yes, im back in the game!

I play on HOF, with Timing hitting, Pulse pitching and Auto fielding, manual throws.

Edit: Here they are...

Perfect Sliders v1.3

Human Contact - Default
Human Power - Default
Human Timing - Default
Stride Difficulty - N/A
Human Foul Frequency - Default
Human Solid Hits - 4
Human Starter Stamina - 6
Human Reliever Stamina - 4
Human Pitch Control - Default
Human Pitcher Consistency - 4
CPU Contact - 4
CPU Power - Default
CPU Timing - Default
CPU Foul Frequency - 4
CPU Solid Hits - 4
CPU Starter Stamina - 6
CPU Reliever Stamina - 4
CPU Pitcher Control - Default
CPU Pitcher Consistency - 4
CPU Strike Frequency - Default
CPU Manager Hook - Default
CPU Pickoffs - Default
Pitch Speed - 4
Fielding Errors - Default
Throwing Errors - Default
Fielder Run Speed – 3
Fielder Reaction - 4
Fielder Arm Strength - 3
Baserunner Speed - Default
Baserunner Steal Ability - Default
Baserunner Steal Frequency - 6
Wind - 4
Injury Frequency - 3

Last edited by PsychoBulk; 04-13-2012 at 05:16 PM. Reason: changes for 1.3 now in place
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2012, 06:59 AM   #2
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: **Perfect Sliders 2012** (HOF)

I knew you couldn't stay away. This is great to see, I have loved your sets in the past. Good luck with the tweaking!
Old 03-13-2012, 10:32 AM   #3
Rookie

ukslamjam's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Usual disclaimer i.e. they obviously arent perfect, its simply the name they have been known by for years. Right, now thats out of the way...

I know i know...i said i wasnt going to do anything in the slider game this year, and truthfully, i dont want to have to, but...i do. The more ive played the more ive realised there are some things that need tweaking (and i mean only slight tweaking, not big changes).

I think the epiphany moment came for me last night when i had Austin Jackson (speed merchant) thrown out going from 1st to 2nd on a liner single to right field from the next batter, that just shouldnt happen.

Anyway, i really, really, really wanted to roll with default HOF this year but alas, as i say, its become painfully obvious that i cant ignore it any longer and that some things do require tuning to give the right balance of offense and defence.

Im off work today so plan to get a few more games in this morning/afternoon to just be certain in my own head about what really needs moving slider wise, and the adjustments really dont need to be big.

Ill get them up this afternoon, and id just like to thank everyone whos sent PM's to me for their kind words and well, yes, im back in the game!
I knew you couldn't stay away! Even my wife said "He'll be back!"
Old 03-13-2012, 10:33 AM   #4
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

Sliders now added to the original post.

Play & Enjoy

If there are to be any tweaks between now and Opening Day they will be very minor, there may not be any at all.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:00 AM   #5
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukslamjam
I knew you couldn't stay away! Even my wife said "He'll be back!"
Was she talking about sliders??? lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3
Nice to see ya Psycho...I loved your past sets and am really looking forward to these. One area of concern for me this year is CPU pitchers. They seem way too aggressive. Just me?
Old 03-13-2012, 11:42 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Psycho, I play on HOF and my sliders are quite similar to yours. I use meter pitching. I currently have both human contol and consistency at 6, as I am having a hard time striking out the cpu as well as making a mistake and getting clobbered. I also find the cpu hitters VERY aggressive this year. Thoughts??
Old 03-13-2012, 11:44 AM   #8
Rookie

ukslamjam's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
Was she talking about sliders??? lol
I hope so!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders »