Home

Flame me if you want but...

This is a discussion on Flame me if you want but... within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-13-2012, 02:47 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Flame me if you want but...

I am thoroughly disgusted at this point with the hitting in this game.I want to love this game because it is so great in many areas but holy crap the hitting is beyond frustrating. I have been playing this series for 5 yrs now. I play on veteran with the red sox. I have upped my timing all the way up, contact up 1, cpu pitching down almost all the way, lowered the pitch speed all the way. Still horrible. Oh I am getting hits, about 8-10 /game. A walk or two /game as well. I have a good batters eye, striking out around 7-8 times /game. Strike to ball ratio is around 60/40%.I am thumping the ball hard, line drives, a ton of them, usually right at somebody. I just finished up the 5th game today with Boston and no HR's at all even though I am wacking the hell out of the ball. I don't know what else to do but it shouldnt be this freaking hard to score runs.In those 5 games I have scored a total of 1 run in each game. Any help would be appreciated.I have tried everything.I am patient at the plate taking alot of pitches.I am hitting the ball fine, but not a homer in 5 games , come on. Ok Im done with the rant.

Last edited by outten04; 03-13-2012 at 02:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2012, 02:59 AM   #2
Pro

pokerlife's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Flame me if you want but...

lol same here im 2 and 2 with the rangers and ZERO homeruns so far!
Old 03-13-2012, 03:00 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by outten04
I am thoroughly disgusted at this point with the hitting in this game.I want to love this game because it is so great in many areas but holy crap the hitting is beyond frustrating. I have been playing this series for 5 yrs now. I play on veteran with the red sox. I have upped my timing all the way up, contact up 1, cpu pitching down almost all the way, lowered the pitch speed all the way. Still horrible. Oh I am getting hits, about 8-10 /game. A walk or two /game as well. I have a good batters eye, striking out around 7-8 times /game. Strike to ball ratio is around 60/40%.I am thumping the ball hard, line drives, a ton of them, usually right at somebody. I just finished up the 5th game today with Boston and no HR's at all even though I am wacking the hell out of the ball. I don't know what else to do but it shouldnt be this freaking hard to score runs.In those 5 games I have scored a total of 1 run in each game. Any help would be appreciated.I have tried everything.I am patient at the plate taking alot of pitches.I am hitting the ball fine, but not a homer in 5 games , come on. Ok Im done with the rant.
I'm on the third year with this game and play on almost the same exact settings as you and while I have stretches of games where I don't hit well, I have a team batting average of .268 with the Mariners. Smoak and Montero both have 7 HR through 29 games and Ackley has 4. Overall, I have 27 HR as a team and that is about right.

Don't know what to tell you... I think the hitting is fine. Maybe you need to play on rookie for a bit and up the power slider? If you're getting more realistic results that way, it can't hurt and will leave you less frustrated.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:12 AM   #4
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
I'm having great results on All-Star with TNK's slider set.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:25 AM   #5
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28

Not gonna flame you or anything man, just gonna say wait it out a bit. 5 games is absolutly nothing for a sample size, if you had went say 3-4 weeks of a franchise without one it might be a big flag then. But just keep with it man, and don't forget play small ball you don't have to jack em over the fence to score man.

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Check out my 6-League NYC Universe Chise in the Discord and my YouTube!
Denny 3K Gaming

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2012, 03:26 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

No problems hitting bombs with the Jays.
Kelly Johnson, Brett Lawrie, Arencibia, Encarnacion, and Adam Lind all hit jacks outta control!!
Old 03-13-2012, 03:32 AM   #7
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17

I went 1-12 in 13 games with one HR around game 9. With default sliders on all star I was getting around 6-8 hits a game and 0-1 runs. I finally jumped into the slider forum and started making adjustments and now have had 4-3, 5-2 wins and 1-4, 2-3 drops.

Don't be afraid to drop pitching speed down, and bump up user sliders.
The slider forum is the best place you can go.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:35 AM   #8
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/70...two-decade-low

I play and work on this game for 12 months straight and can only muster a .240 to .265 avg. Hitting a round ball with a round bat is the hardest thing to do in sports. The franchise is meant to reflect this.

The median hits per game last year was between 8.56 and 8.76 a game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »