Home

Making the switch from Rtts to Franchise and I have a few questions

This is a discussion on Making the switch from Rtts to Franchise and I have a few questions within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-11-2012, 07:34 PM   #1
Rookie

The Commish's Arena

OVR: 0
Making the switch from Rtts to Franchise and I have a few questions

I am a Rtts guy but I am really interested playing franchise this year. I want to start and play all of the games in a season but I have a couple of questions I hope someone can answer.

1. I am not a GM type and don't really want to mess with scouting or promotions but I would like to make a few trades and moves to get my team up to speed. Is there a feature that will allow me to play the games and have control over trades and such but not to have to worry about promotions and scouting and such?

2. When does the updated rosters come out that everyone is discussing? And should I wait for them? What would be the pro's and con's of either choice?

3. Is there a way to make the games go by quicker? Like I said I am a RTTS player and the games go by so much faster than franchise, I don't want to burn out. Any suggestions?

4. As I don't usually play franchise I am unaware of a lot of in game strategies as well as franchise strategies. If you can pass along any tips I would be grateful.

Thanks for the help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2012, 08:17 PM   #2
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Making the switch from Rtts to Franchise and I have a few questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Commish
I am a Rtts guy but I am really interested playing franchise this year. I want to start and play all of the games in a season but I have a couple of questions I hope someone can answer.

1. I am not a GM type and don't really want to mess with scouting or promotions but I would like to make a few trades and moves to get my team up to speed. Is there a feature that will allow me to play the games and have control over trades and such but not to have to worry about promotions and scouting and such?

2. When does the updated rosters come out that everyone is discussing? And should I wait for them? What would be the pro's and con's of either choice?

3. Is there a way to make the games go by quicker? Like I said I am a RTTS player and the games go by so much faster than franchise, I don't want to burn out. Any suggestions?

4. As I don't usually play franchise I am unaware of a lot of in game strategies as well as franchise strategies. If you can pass along any tips I would be grateful.

Thanks for the help.
1) Of course u can play games and make moves to improve your team but don't expect the CPU to take over whatever aspect you don't want to control....it's your franchise and you're responsible for everything that goes along with it

2)The OSFM rosters this year is aimed to drop sometime around Opening Day....I would personally wait for them because they provide all players (major-leaguers and minor-leaguers) from your pro team down to A-ball...One pro i could think of relates to trades....These rosters give u the ability to trade away 3 of your REAL top prospects for say Lincecum if u wanted to...There are no cons as these are the best rosters alive.

3)As for the speed of the game, i don't see much u can do...If u don't wanna burn out, play 1 game from each series or pick a certain pitcher u like pitching with and play the games on the day that he pitches..There's many little workarounds that can be implemented if u want to finish a whole season in timely fashion.

4)You would have to give examples of what strategy(s) u would wanna enforce.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:25 PM   #3
MVP

PhantomPain's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37
1) Of course u can play games and make moves to improve your team but don't expect the CPU to take over whatever aspect you don't want to control....it's your franchise and you're responsible for everything that goes along with it

2)The OSFM rosters this year is aimed to drop sometime around Opening Day....I would personally wait for them because they provide all players (major-leaguers and minor-leaguers) from your pro team down to A-ball...One pro i could think of relates to trades....These rosters give u the ability to trade away 3 of your REAL top prospects for say Lincecum if u wanted to...There are no cons as these are the best rosters alive.

3)As for the speed of the game, i don't see much u can do...If u don't wanna burn out, play 1 game from each series or pick a certain pitcher u like pitching with and play the games on the day that he pitches..There's many little workarounds that can be implemented if u want to finish a whole season in timely fashion.

4)You would have to give examples of what strategy(s) u would wanna enforce.
Don't have the game yet but when you set up a franchise I thought it gave you options to allow the CPU to control certain parts of it (concessions, ticket prices, scouting, etc.)? Did this get taken out?
Old 03-11-2012, 08:28 PM   #4
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomPain
Don't have the game yet but when you set up a franchise I thought it gave you options to allow the CPU to control certain parts of it (concessions, ticket prices, scouting, etc.)? Did this get taken out?
I never knew they had that option....Im looking for it now and i cant find such an option
Old 03-11-2012, 09:45 PM   #5
Rookie

The Commish's Arena

Thanks for the quick replies.

I thought there were options for the cpu to do certain tasks if you didn't want to do them as well. Not having that option really stinks. (I know they have that in madden and was hoping it was the same here)

Phantom pain, nice to see other UK fans, we got hosed with the selection committee in the tourney though.

NFG's I was basically asking about pulling pitchers and pitching rotations and batting orders when I was asking about stratagies. I am clueless when it comes to these things. Especially when they start wanting to know batting orders vs. RHP's and LHP's.

I basically want to make small decisions and let the cpu take over some of the more mundane (from my perspective) jobs.

Thanks for the other tips however.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2012, 09:57 PM   #6
Rookie

ManWithBag's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37
I never knew they had that option....Im looking for it now and i cant find such an option
There are settings you can change that allow the CPU to be in charge of both personnel aspects (trading, scouting, free agents, contracts, etc), as well as more ownership type aspects (marketing, banking, etc). I'm fairly certain that these can be changed both from the mode-specific settings menu when you first load up the game, as well as right when you start your franchise. You can also change these at any time.

There is one thing in specific I would keep an eye out for; if you're like me and don't like to have to control all the trading and contracts, I would still recommend keeping the Trading setting to manual instead of CPU. The reason for this is because sometimes the CPU will make some questionable trades, though I haven't played it much this year with the improved trade logic, this was often the case in previous years.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:05 PM   #7
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Commish
Thanks for the quick replies.

I thought there were options for the cpu to do certain tasks if you didn't want to do them as well. Not having that option really stinks. (I know they have that in madden and was hoping it was the same here)

Phantom pain, nice to see other UK fans, we got hosed with the selection committee in the tourney though.

NFG's I was basically asking about pulling pitchers and pitching rotations and batting orders when I was asking about stratagies. I am clueless when it comes to these things. Especially when they start wanting to know batting orders vs. RHP's and LHP's.

I basically want to make small decisions and let the cpu take over some of the more mundane (from my perspective) jobs.

Thanks for the other tips however.
I might be having a major brain fart since today was selection sunday but i don't remember having the option of CPU performing certain tasks u feel like passing off in The Show....not that it's not entirely impossible...maybe others who are more familiar with menu options can verify?well when it comes to pulling pitchers, the screen will show a confidence and a stamina bar...doesnt take a rocket scientist to know when a pitcher's confidence is shaken or doesnt look like he has much left in the tank, u should pull him...pitching rotations: u want your ace pitching first, typically the guy who has the most overpowering stuff...a.k.a. most strikeout capability...batting orders: leadoff guy= a guy who can consistently get on base and swipe some bags so he usually is speedy....2nd would be a contact guy who can move the runner over when necessary....3,4,5, would be the meat of the order which are the guys who have the most power capability which translates into driving bunch of runs....there's batting orders against RHP and LHP for a reason.....most lefties arent as successful against lefty pitchers...so u would substitute a righty who plays a similar position (a RF for a CF for example) in that situation(unless it's one of ur power bats)....im missin some stuff but i just answered ur questions as swiftly as i can lol

P.S. As a Baylor hoops fan, i'll be anxiously awaiting kentucky in the regional final

Last edited by 37; 03-11-2012 at 10:09 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:07 PM   #8
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManWithBag
There are settings you can change that allow the CPU to be in charge of both personnel aspects (trading, scouting, free agents, contracts, etc), as well as more ownership type aspects (marketing, banking, etc). I'm fairly certain that these can be changed both from the mode-specific settings menu when you first load up the game, as well as right when you start your franchise. You can also change these at any time.

There is one thing in specific I would keep an eye out for; if you're like me and don't like to have to control all the trading and contracts, I would still recommend keeping the Trading setting to manual instead of CPU. The reason for this is because sometimes the CPU will make some questionable trades, though I haven't played it much this year with the improved trade logic, this was often the case in previous years.
The trading part i knew about cause they give u option when u first start up ur franchise...U may be correct about the other aspects...not that i care since i live for running my team outside of the white lines....Maybe u can inform Commish of where are those options are located cause i didn't see anything

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »