Home

Is the stuttering framerate after a hit something that can be remedied with a patch?

This is a discussion on Is the stuttering framerate after a hit something that can be remedied with a patch? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-11-2012, 02:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is the stuttering framerate after a hit something that can be remedied with a patch?

I'm enjoying the hell outta this game but the only thing that's kind of hampering my experience are the framerate hiccups after a hit.

The graphics and animations are mediocre (which I don't really mind) so shouldn't the framerate be buttery smooth? Is it because the commentary engine is so complex and stellar?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2012, 03:03 PM   #2
Rookie

Who Dey15's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Is the stuttering framerate after a hit something that can be remedied with a pat

I don't even notice it to be honest
Old 03-11-2012, 03:07 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dey15
It's most noticeable when hitting fouls. It'd be nice to have an option for the camera to not change when hitting fouls out of play. I think MVP did this.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:35 PM   #4
Rookie

Randiesel75's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Is the stuttering framerate after a hit something that can be remedied with a pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dey15
+1 as I don't notice it either.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:41 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

Very noticable on the pre-patch vids that were posted, and not something I'd be willing to put up with. But I thought the patch fixed the issue (I'm still playing 2K11).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2012, 04:23 PM   #6
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Im gunna guess no. I say that because this stutter was present in 2K11 as well. And after 2 patches for that and a year dev cycle on 2K12 it is still there. SO... they probably would have fixed it by now if they could.

I think this issue stems from having to render the crowd avatars quickly when a ball is hit in that direction. As the 360/PS3 graphics chips works quickly to render these people in the crowd you get this stuttering. On a ball in play there is less to render, so there is no stutter.

IMO its not a big deal.. because on most foul balls you cant make a play anyway, so this issue almost never inter-fears with a ball in play. And even it is a pop fly you can make a play on its usually a high pop fly giving you plenty of time to get under it.

So all in all, an occasionally stutter doesn't bother me or inter-fear with any play. That and its pretty minor.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:51 PM   #7
Rookie

bc3po's Arena

OVR: 2

i seem to notice a little lag when i'm pitching and i give up like 2 hits in a row. And on foul balls
NCAA - Michigan State Spartans

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »