Home

Scripting

This is a discussion on Scripting within the Football Manager forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-10-2012, 10:19 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 9
Scripting

What pisses me off most is the scripting in this game. If you are playing a team thats better than you overall, the game abandons statistics completely, I was arsenal playing Man utd and i lost 1-0. Checking the detailed stats i saw that we had 5 clear cut chances to their 1(which was a penalty) To make it worse i Van Persie missed 2 wide open shots at goal.

When playing a team rated higher your players just loose all thier ability watching an on form van persie miss shots like this when the entire season hes been firing in screamers really makes you wanna cry
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2012, 03:20 PM   #2
Y.N.W.A

Rexis's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Scripting

Happens all the time in real life. Remember Arsenal's win over Liverpool last week? Or United's 3-1 victory against Totenham [the week before, I think]? It's not scripted, it's football.

LiverpoolFC Atlanta Falcons Atlanta Hawks Atlanta Braves Kobe Bryant
Old 03-10-2012, 03:35 PM   #3
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

There is absolutely no scripting in this game. The end.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:21 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
There is absolutely no scripting in this game. The end.
Exactly, otherwise there's no way you would have beaten me 3-0 in our last online save match.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:43 PM   #5
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Heh. Yeah, if anything, what draws me to this game is you never know what is going to happen. You can put your players in all the right positions and sometimes nothing goes right. Or sometimes you come up with a tactic that clicks perfectly and you get a result against a team you never thought possible.

In fact, I think this is the most realistic sim engine I've ever seen in a sports game in terms of capturing the spirit of the sport. It's also the most transparent. You can look at any match - yours or simmed between other teams - look at exactly what happened in chart form, and even click on events and see what happened.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2012, 01:30 PM   #6
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

I think you're confusing scripting with the frustrations of losing. As others mentioned, you can do everything right but your players might not. I've seen missed opportunities that made me almost pull my hair out... however, at the same times I've seen fabulous goals which rescued me late which made me smile from ear to ear and jump for joy.

No other sports grabs you like this one from joy to frustrations.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:15 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
I think you're confusing scripting with the frustrations of losing. As others mentioned, you can do everything right but your players might not. I've seen missed opportunities that made me almost pull my hair out... however, at the same times I've seen fabulous goals which rescued me late which made me smile from ear to ear and jump for joy.

No other sports grabs you like this one from joy to frustrations.
QFT. Last night in the online save my Arsenal defenders just let the opposition ******ly walk around unchallenged in the box as goal after goal went in. Mertesacker had a 3.6 rating for one match, followed by a 4.4 and a 5.6 (he's on an upswing!). Three matches in a row not one single defender had a match rating above a 6, which led to three straight defeats that might have knocked me out of the title race. During that stretch I felt like chucking my laptop out the window, and debated what would be the best sacrifice to make to the FM Gods to stop the punishment. Then I held a team meeting, Van Persie rallied the troops, and I beat Everton handily.

I could whine that FM didn't want me to win the title, and they manufactured the poor defensive play. Or I could realize my team's morale was shot after the first loss (a 6-2 drubbing at Citeh) and should have called the team meeting earlier than I did. There is no scripting in FM. Unless Tim wins the title in our online save. Then FM cheated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager »