Home

Your hitting strategy

This is a discussion on Your hitting strategy within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-09-2012, 10:10 PM   #1
MVP

jct32's Arena

OVR: 17
Your hitting strategy

I know everyone has their own and I was curious to what every does.

I use guess pitch 1/4 and usually guess to the inside for my guy and fastball. I let every pitch go by unless I have two strikes or it lands in the zone I pick. I find this works pretty well for me. I have trouble picking up pitches sometimes and would rather complete a game than be patient and try to draw walks without guess pitch, especially after work when I'm tired. I find that I can usually draw 3 or more walks per game with my method and get a variety of hits.

So what is your strategy?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2012, 10:13 PM   #2
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Your hitting strategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct32
I know everyone has their own and I was curious to what every does.

I use guess pitch 1/4 and usually guess to the inside for my guy and fastball. I let every pitch go by unless I have two strikes or it lands in the zone I pick. I find this works pretty well for me. I have trouble picking up pitches sometimes and would rather complete a game than be patient and try to draw walks without guess pitch, especially after work when I'm tired. I find that I can usually draw 3 or more walks per game with my method and get a variety of hits.

So what is your strategy?
If i think a ball is gunna end up anywhere around the strike zone, imma swing...doesnt matter if it's first pitch or 10 pitches in...i gave up on attempting to draw walks since the pitchers gunna almost always be around the strike zone (This might change if i adjust the sliders)...i don't use guess pitch...see ball, try to hit ball
Old 03-09-2012, 10:20 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I always guess pitch fastball.. cuz a 95 mph FB can get on yah QUICK if you aren't expecting it.. other than that i just swing and fail miserably most of the time...
Old 03-09-2012, 11:16 PM   #4
Rookie

Oh... and breaking pitches at the top of the strikezone are BS imo... pitchers RARELY go for that strikeout curveball up and in IRL.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:17 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 4

I've decided what immagunnado until I can recognize a ball is crank up the human contact sliders and only pounce if a pitch looks like a meat ball, otherwise take. I'll probably be doing lots of two-strike hitting, but the sliders should help.

I don't do guess pitch, it's annoying and kind of ugly. The fewer things on the screen the better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2012, 11:20 PM   #6
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

I swing at damn near every pitch, but that's just me.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:23 PM   #7
Banned

b2th3m1th's Arena

Guess pitch X everytime... 99% of the time thats the pitchers FB. Adjust to anything that isnt the guess pitch. I dont use location, that messes with me too much
Old 03-09-2012, 11:24 PM   #8
Rookie

shifty_b's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTTSNate
Oh... and breaking pitches at the top of the strikezone are BS imo... pitchers RARELY go for that strikeout curveball up and in IRL.
I think it is pretty obvious that the pitcher is missing their intended spot in that situation. It would be nice if the umps called some of those balls, since most won't give you a curveball that high as a strike.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »