Home

*******Any Regrets******

This is a discussion on *******Any Regrets****** within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 11:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
*******Any Regrets******

I was working the night shift all week, was planning on picking up the game tomorrow but after reading all the problems, I am a not pleased to say the least from what I am reading.

From the features listed this year the things that were appealing to me are the new presentations, the new ball physics and the online home run derby, not interested in DD or vita. I was really looking forward to the online home run derby but apparently in is not there! What is going on ? And as for the new ball physics - there seem to be a mixed bag. Some reports stating that the ball is going into hyperdrive or another gear on the second hop, and pitchers not having their correct pitch types. I have to say I am disappointed right now. Undecided if I should pick this up or stick with 11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2012, 11:38 PM   #2
Rookie

BlueSkies7776's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: *******Any Regrets******

I have not seen anyone complain about the ball physics. They are the most realistic I have ever seen in a Baseball game.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:43 PM   #3
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

The game is awesome. The ball physics are great, period.
In any case buy it, don't buy it. You'll be missing one of the greatest sports game ever if you do.
Just my .02.

There are clearly many many more positive posts than negative ones.
Some of the "negatives" are What If complaints and some can flat out be avoided with the right settings.
Have no idea about the HR Derby but then again I am an offline player mainly and online league person.

Sure they are some small issues like every game ever made has had.

So to answer: Hell no I have no regrets. In fact I'm pissed I have to work tomorrow and can't play until after 8pm....

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 03-09-2012, 01:12 AM   #4
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28

If anyone was to ask me I would say buy it now!! This is easily the best time i've had with the show ever on the ps3 system!!

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Link to my YouTube.
Denny 3K Gaming

Old 03-09-2012, 01:18 AM   #5
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

Try renting it, everyone seems to forget about this option, it's usually either should I buy it or not , this way you can see for yourself. This game is the only sure buy for me every year, and I never regret picking this game up.

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2012, 01:20 AM   #6
Banned

b2th3m1th's Arena

OVR: 0

do you really judge your purchases off of over reactions from people who just look for something that's wrong. Because that is what 90% of this forum seems it does.

The bottom line is this game is the best in the series. The ball physics alone make it amazing.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:10 AM   #7
Rookie

douggoud's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
Try renting it, everyone seems to forget about this option, it's usually either should I buy it or not , this way you can see for yourself. This game is the only sure buy for me every year, and I never regret picking this game up.
Thats because renting games has become a thing of the past. Ah, childhood memories.

Not to mention, its not exactly easy to find any blockbuster's or hollywood video's anymore (not like it was 5 years ago), and the alternatives are having a subscription like renting service (gamefly or whatever its called), or redbox (which usually have only 4 different games at most, lol).

"All Angels Go To Heaven"
Old 03-09-2012, 02:55 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixmillion
I was working the night shift all week, was planning on picking up the game tomorrow but after reading all the problems, I am a not pleased to say the least from what I am reading.

From the features listed this year the things that were appealing to me are the new presentations, the new ball physics and the online home run derby, not interested in DD or vita. I was really looking forward to the online home run derby but apparently in is not there! What is going on ? And as for the new ball physics - there seem to be a mixed bag. Some reports stating that the ball is going into hyperdrive or another gear on the second hop, and pitchers not having their correct pitch types. I have to say I am disappointed right now. Undecided if I should pick this up or stick with 11.
http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/po...tter-than-ever

This review is all you need.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »