Home

Need Help! no commentray(i have it turned on)

This is a discussion on Need Help! no commentray(i have it turned on) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OSfan093's Arena

OVR: 3
Question Need Help! no commentray(i have it turned on)

Ok, so i have played 2 RTTS games and an exhibition game. I have checked EVERY single option in every single category, and I have NO commentary what so ever. It is ruining the game for me. I know some people like commentary off, but i don't, so please don't say i should keep it off. Also like i said, commentary is on and all of the announcer's audio sliders are up all the way. I have no idea whats wrong here.

I tried googling the issue and have found nothing at all. and i searched this forum, nothing. what am i missing? i have a hard time believing its something stupid, so if its a real issue why is nobody else saying anything?

anyway, if anyone has answers to help me that would be greatly appreciated. i really want my Show experience and the commentary is a huge part of that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2012, 06:53 PM   #2
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: Need Help! no commentray(i have it turned on)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSfan093
Ok, so i have played 2 RTTS games and an exhibition game. I have checked EVERY single option in every single category, and I have NO commentary what so ever. It is ruining the game for me. I know some people like commentary off, but i don't, so please don't say i should keep it off. Also like i said, commentary is on and all of the announcer's audio sliders are up all the way. I have no idea whats wrong here.

I tried googling the issue and have found nothing at all. and i searched this forum, nothing. what am i missing? i have a hard time believing its something stupid, so if its a real issue why is nobody else saying anything?

anyway, if anyone has answers to help me that would be greatly appreciated. i really want my Show experience and the commentary is a huge part of that.

The only time this happened to me was with a bad HDMI connection.
You could check that.
That's all I can think of.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-08-2012, 07:10 PM   #3
Rookie

OSfan093's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
The only time this happened to me was with a bad HDMI connection.
You could check that.
That's all I can think of.

M.K.
Knight165
hmm might be the case, i'll check but all my other sound is working fine so why would just commentary be broken?
Old 03-09-2012, 05:14 AM   #4
Pro

JustSteve's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm guessing your PS3 is set to 7.1 LPCM in the XMB for your audio settings. Fix that and you'll have your commentary back.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:18 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

I haven't played RTTS yet this year. Is it possible that some players do not get commentary until they get better or advance to a higher league (AAA or MLB)? I'm just thinking of NCAA Football where they don't have Corso/Nessler/Herbstreit announce games between crappy schools (like the MAC, unfortunately, because I play those in my dynasty).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2012, 11:35 AM   #6
Banned

b2th3m1th's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by balooko31
I haven't played RTTS yet this year. Is it possible that some players do not get commentary until they get better or advance to a higher league (AAA or MLB)? I'm just thinking of NCAA Football where they don't have Corso/Nessler/Herbstreit announce games between crappy schools (like the MAC, unfortunately, because I play those in my dynasty).
Its not that those schools are crappy its because the game isnt on "TV" is why those games arent announced in NCAA.

In MLB12 thats not the case the announcers should be there
Old 03-21-2012, 11:24 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbone
I'm guessing your PS3 is set to 7.1 LPCM in the XMB for your audio settings. Fix that and you'll have your commentary back.
This solution worked. Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »