Home

Vita-PS3 Question...

This is a discussion on Vita-PS3 Question... within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-08-2012, 12:47 AM   #1
Rookie

Dfost35's Arena

OVR: 3
Vita-PS3 Question...

So I have not gotten the Vita yet, for a few reasons, but I wanted clarification on one thing before I made my final decision.

So lets say I play 3 games on my franchise(on the PS3) and save it to the cloud or w/e.
I can turn on my vita and go into the cloud, and continue from the last game I played in franchise mode?

I haven't had anyone tell me for sure whether or not this is true, any responses from anyone who has the game is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited by Dfost35; 03-08-2012 at 12:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2012, 01:01 AM   #2
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Re: Vita-PS3 Question...

If I am understanding your question correctly that is exactly what you can do.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 03-08-2012, 06:03 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yes, you can.

Your franchise goes into the cloud and you import it to your vita, and vice versa.

So, if you create yourself, tweak your rosters, start a franchise, play 3 games on your PS3, and put the franchise in the cloud, you can grab your vita and download your franchise from the cloud and pick up after those 3 games.

Play 10 games on your vita, save your franchise to the cloud, import to your PS3, play game 14.

Rinse, repeat.

I would highly encourage saving your franchise to your hard drive/memory card just to be sure that, if your file becomes corrupt (not saying Ive even read anything AT ALL about this happening, but it's better to be safe than sorry), you have a back up.

Also, if you connect to the show network with your Vita, it disconnects you from the show network on your PS3.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:54 AM   #4
Rookie

Zyco's Arena

OVR: 2

I saved my RTTS to Cloud but have yet to try anything else with it yet.. I assumed it can be used as a backup of sorts if you dont have both versions. I think my wife is going to sigh If I come home with the PS3 version of The Show now.. but its looking like it will probably h appen.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:18 PM   #5
Rookie

Dfost35's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcooksta
Yes, you can.

Your franchise goes into the cloud and you import it to your vita, and vice versa.

So, if you create yourself, tweak your rosters, start a franchise, play 3 games on your PS3, and put the franchise in the cloud, you can grab your vita and download your franchise from the cloud and pick up after those 3 games.

Play 10 games on your vita, save your franchise to the cloud, import to your PS3, play game 14.

Rinse, repeat.

I would highly encourage saving your franchise to your hard drive/memory card just to be sure that, if your file becomes corrupt (not saying Ive even read anything AT ALL about this happening, but it's better to be safe than sorry), you have a back up.

Also, if you connect to the show network with your Vita, it disconnects you from the show network on your PS3.
Thank you very much, this was the detailed answer I was looking for
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2012, 05:27 PM   #6
Flag Waver, Sec.134,O.Co.

mmdmaznn's Arena

OVR: 11

The cross-compatibility is really great and the reason I bought a Vita! I've found that I tend to play DD and Franchise mostly on my PS3 and RTTS mostly on my Vita. I love that I can be out at work all day, progressing my RTTS character and then come back home at night and continue on my PS3 right where I left off during the day...sweet!!!

Oakland Coliseum
LF Bleachers
Sec. 134
"Where's your flag?"

Now Playing: MLB 13: The Show (PS3/Vita), NBA 2K12, Batman: Arkham City, FarCry3

Oakland Athletics/Golden State Warriors/Oakland Raiders
Old 03-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #7
Rookie

Nexgenrulz's Arena

OVR: 2

Good info just posted on IGN.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/mlb-12-the-...oss_Game_Saves
Old 03-08-2012, 06:27 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 24

I had a question I was just about to make a thread for, but I guess it makes more sense to post it here.

What happens to our "cloud" and our game-saves and all that jazz, on Tuesday, March 5th 2013? Is this feature only available for as long as the rest of The Show is supported online?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »