Home

MLB 2K12 Feedback Thread (For Future Patch)

This is a discussion on MLB 2K12 Feedback Thread (For Future Patch) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-07-2012, 01:12 PM   #1
2K Sports Community Manager

LD2k's Arena

OVR: 24
Exclamation MLB 2K12 Feedback Thread (For Future Patch)

Hey everyone,

We hope you are enjoying your time with MLB 2K12.

As with every year, we want to provide you with the best experience possible. Please feel free to leave your feedback and ideas here for anything our team could implement in a future patch.

Thanks!

Master of Operation Sports .gifs

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2012, 01:15 PM   #2
Rookie

foofighter2455's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: MLB 2K12 Feedback Thread (For Future Patch)

It would be good for you to post the kinds of things that CANNOT be patched to save yourself the trouble of weeding through all the posts.

For example, many things asked for to this date in NBA have been explained as "cannot be patched" so please clarify the types of things that actually CAN be patched here.

Last edited by foofighter2455; 03-07-2012 at 01:19 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #3
Rookie

dolemint's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm enjoying 2k12 so far but here are some thoughts on what seems achievable for improvement via patch:

1) Graphical overlay - One thing I noticed that seems to be different for the worse is the mini-graphic overlay of the base-running path. Instead of being transparent like in years' past, it's solid. This means (especially when hit to left field) I sometimes have trouble viewing my fielder making the play.

2) Throw cancels - I haven't had this problem, but apparently you can cancel throws to toss to new bases this year. Some people are reporting that throws go to unintended bases, possibly do to the sensitivity of the right stick analog. (Example: A flick to the right of the controller may read properly to first base, then also register a slightly left direction when the stick is released and re-centered, resulting in an accidental throw to third). Probably the more used the controller, the more problematic it becomes, meaning a much more generous dead zone is necessary all around.

3) Throw strength - I got a bases loaded single and the left fielder for the CPU threw out my runner headed to second on a grounder. The runners may be too slow or the arms may be too strong.

4) Sim Engine - It seems that the batting averages and home run totals are lower than real life. Consequently, this also leads to many ERAs that are also lower to true life.

5) Difficulty - Being able to easily change difficulty among categories would be an easy but nice option. This year on All-star I'm dominant while pitching. I'd like to turn that up to the next level without having to worry about hitting, fielding, and running also becoming more difficult.

I'm sure others will add more. But although this post looks like a whine fest, 2k12 is a lot more fun this year IMO. Not perfect but better.

Last edited by dolemint; 03-07-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:38 PM   #4
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Damn, that was fast i just asked Ronnie about this! Good that you are here at OS, the 2k forums are a mess lots of babies over there, I see a lot more positive/constructive comments over here.

Heres a few things that I would like to see addressed so far

Franchise

1. Using a player in franchise as a DH should be a way to rest him, Pinch hitters/runners fatigue seem to be working correctly but a DH appears to lose the same amount of fatigue as the rest of the team. Maybe even gaining a few energy points would be a good thing!

2. When one of my guys picks up an injury i edit the lineups and take him out leaving him injured on the bench, but in simmed games the computer will use him as a pinch hitter/runner, it'd be nice if they left him alone unless its an extra inning game or some sort. Its like either DL the guy or risk him re-injuring himself

3. Franchise stats are a little bit off, nothing major, but it could definately be tweaked. From simming my own season long sims, and reading others the main issues look to be: ERA a bit low, under 2 shouldn't be as common as they are. There always seems to be 2-3 SPs with under 2 ERAs, HR totals are inconsistent and a little low wouldn't be bad to have a handful more guys getting HR totals in the 40s right now your lucky if you see 1-2, Batting average is low among the league the highest ive seen is around .330 and then only 10-15 guys hitting above .300, at the end of the season standings there usually happens to be only 3-4 90+ win teams this should be increased the offense in general in simulation needs a boost its not horrible but it is noticeable.

4. I don't see an option to turn off Autosave in franchise mode, Seeing the game saving Franchise File then saving User Profile every time after i just want to move a batter in my lineup up a spot gets tedious

5. There are some instances when letting the CPU handle minor league injuries switches around your MLB lineup, It does this even when the player involved has nothing to do with the MLB level. Don't see what triggers it and it can be avoided by manually managing everything yourself still would like to see it fixed.

6. Free Agency in franchise mode could use some tuning. Big names never test the free agency market. I think the highest ranked guy i saw was a 84 but i forget who. I like how the FA system works bidding against other clubs but it appears guys rejoin their teams too often.

7. FA related I saw a few instances of high ranked guys on the Free Agent market not being signed, this could be an anomaly or roster issues but a guy ranked 90+ should be snagged up i would think something to look at

8. Not many trades happen during franchise, this is better than having TOO many trades, im not sure what the right amount is wouldn't mind seeing a few more tho

Gameplay

1. Balls rolling on the ground lose traction pretty quickly, To create a good amount of XBH you need to lower fielder speeds a bit, maybe take a look at the physics side of this and see if it can be adjusted

2. Had a few instances where pressing up on the right stick to throw to second base resulted in a throw home. Not very often but once is enough others have mentioned this too

3. This is more a pet peeve and it might not be a bug, this was in the game last year but I cant find a way to turn off that yellow arrow under your fielder when he is running to a fly ball, even with Fielding indicator off/on and dynamic fielding on/locked it still is on. I thought the point of the white circle where the ball lands being a variable size to showcase bad fielders but it doesn't make a difference when the little yellow arrow shows exactly where the ball is going to land, would like to disable that arrow

4. From what others have seen and myself it looks like relievers warm up a little too quickly. Makes it too easy to get out of a jam when you can warm a reliever up in 2 pitches, last year the amount of time a reliever needed was pretty spot on an increase would be good here.

5. This was the case last year but bothered me and still does. It is opinion but I dont feel like a mound visit should fill the composure/stamina bars 100% every single time. 50-60% would be more reasonable

6. The Pitcher fatigue slider appears to be linked to USER and CPU pitchers. A separate slider for each would be a great thing and add to the challenge of the game. Love to pitch in the game, try to make the sliders as difficult as possible for me to create a challenge. I know there is a big reliance on pitch counts and i like that feature, a neat thing would be if you throw alot of pitches not at max power trying to save your pitchers arm it could extend his pitch count. I have to check on this to be sure but I don't think throwing 100 pitches at half power lets you stay in the game longer than throwing 100 pitches at max power like it should, But i haven't tested it yet if it doesn't work that way then it should would give you a reason to not throw at full power versus pitchers/bad players every time like your facing A-Rod

7. AI CPU Manager substitution issues. Putting in righty pitchers to face leftys vice versa. Most glaring however is when a pitcher bats and then is replaced in the next inning before throwing a pitch. This shouldn't be happening in 2012 please fix its my biggest complaint you lose a lot of immersion

Presentation

1. I haven't checked yet but I read that Citifield doesn't have the new 2012 dimensions in the outfield. I don't think this is something you can change in a patch but im obligated to mention it on behalf of the 4 mets fans that play this game

2. After pinch hitting for your pitcher, the following inning the position player is shown on the mound. This is a very common complaint and its confusing why something so irritating cant be changed, Just showing a graphic or keeping the camera away from the mound would be very welcome.

3. Yankee and Detroit shade of blue is off needs to be darker

4. The shots of players just standing still staring into space looking for the meaning of life are touching but unnecessary

Thats all i got for now, I love this game thank you for the improvements you have made the last two years going to be playin this one for awhile. It looks like a big list but most of it is minor and just nitpicking. I listed so much because of how much i enjoy the game, and 2k always does a very good job on their patches so I look forward to seeing what gets changed in a few months. Wish the devs all the best with whatever happens to the license ty

Last edited by BrianU; 03-07-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:51 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
Damn, that was fast i just asked Ronnie about this! Good that you are here at OS, the 2k forums are a mess lots of babies over there, I see alot more positive/constructive comments over here.

1. Using a player in franchise as a DH should be a way to rest him, Pinch hitters/runners fatigue seem to be working correctly but a DH appears to lose the same amount of fatigue as the rest of the team. Maybe even gaining a few energy points would be a good thing!

2. Balls rolling on the ground lose traction pretty quickly, To create a good amount of XBH you need to lower fielder speeds a bit, maybe take a look at the physics side of this and see if it can be adjusted

3. When one of my guys picks up an injury i edit the lineups and take him out leaving him injured on the bench, but in simmed games the computer will use him as a pinch hitter/runner, itd be nice if they left him alone unless its an extra inning game or some sort. Its like either DL the guy or risk him reinjuring himself

4. Franchise stats are a little bit off, nothing major, but it could definately be tweaked. From simming my own season long sims, and reading others the main issues look to be: ERA a bit low, under 2 shouldn't be as common as they are. There always seems to be 2-3 SPs with under 2 ERAs, HR totals are inconsistent and a little low wouldnt be bad to have a handful more guys getting HR totals in the 40s right now your lucky if you see 1-2, Batting average is low among the league the highest ive seen is around .330 and then only 10-15 guys hitting above .300, at the end of the season standings there usually happens to be only 3-4 90+ win teams this should be increased the offense in general in simulation needs a boost its not horrible but it is noticeable.

5. I don't see an option to turn off Autosave in franchise mode

6. There are some instances when letting the CPU handle minor league injuries switches around your MLB lineup, It does this even when the player involved has nothing to do with the MLB level. Dont see what triggers it and it can be avoided by manually managing everything yourself still would like to see it fixed.

7. This is more a pet peeve and it might not be a bug, this was in the game last year but I cant find a way to turn off that yellow arrow under your fielder when he is running to a fly ball, even with Fielding indicator off/on and dynamic fielding on/locked it still is on. I thought the point of the white circle where the ball lands being a variable size to showcase bad fielders but it doesnt make a difference when the little yellow arrow shows exactly where the ball is going to land, would like to disable that arrow

8. I havent checked yet but I read that Citifield doesn't have the new 2012 dimensions in the outfield. I dont think this is something you can change in a patch but im obligated to mention it on behalf of the 4 mets fans that play this game

9. Free Agency in franchise mode could use some tuning. Big names never test the free agency market. I think the highest ranked guy i saw was a 84 but i forget who. I like how the FA system works bidding against other clubs but it appears guys rejoin their teams too often.

10. FA related I saw a few instances of high ranked guys on the Free Agent market not being signed, this could be an anamoly or roster issues but a guy ranked 90+ should be snagged up i would think something to look at

11. Not many trades happen during franchise, this is better than having TOO many trades, im not sure what the right amount is wouldnt mind seeing a few more tho

12. Had a few instances where pressing up on the right stick to throw to second base resulted in a throw home. Not very often but once is enough others have mentioned this too

13. Yankee and Detroit shade of blue is off needs to be darker

Thats all i got for now, I love this game thank you for the improvements you have made the last two years going to be playin this one for awhile wish the devs all the best with whatever happens to the license
13a- Phillies alternate uniforms are wrong, they do not wear blue socks they wear red, this is obvious on players such as Pence and Blanton. ( this was also wrong in 2k11 and not fixed)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2012, 01:57 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

1. Release the framerate patch on PS3.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:07 PM   #7
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
Damn, that was fast i just asked Ronnie about this! Good that you are here at OS, the 2k forums are a mess lots of babies over there, I see alot more positive/constructive comments over here.

2. Balls rolling on the ground lose traction pretty quickly, To create a good amount of XBH you need to lower fielder speeds a bit, maybe take a look at the physics side of this and see if it can be adjusted

3. When one of my guys picks up an injury i edit the lineups and take him out leaving him injured on the bench, but in simmed games the computer will use him as a pinch hitter/runner, itd be nice if they left him alone unless its an extra inning game or some sort. Its like either DL the guy or risk him reinjuring himself

4. Franchise stats are a little bit off, nothing major, but it could definately be tweaked. From simming my own season long sims, and reading others the main issues look to be: ERA a bit low, under 2 shouldn't be as common as they are. There always seems to be 2-3 SPs with under 2 ERAs, HR totals are inconsistent and a little low wouldnt be bad to have a handful more guys getting HR totals in the 40s right now your lucky if you see 1-2, Batting average is low among the league the highest ive seen is around .330 and then only 10-15 guys hitting above .300, at the end of the season standings there usually happens to be only 3-4 90+ win teams this should be increased the offense in general in simulation needs a boost its not horrible but it is noticeable.

5. I don't see an option to turn off Autosave in franchise mode, Sseeing the game saving Franchise File then saving User Profile everytime after i just want to move a batter in my lineup up a spot gets tedious

6. There are some instances when letting the CPU handle minor league injuries switches around your MLB lineup, It does this even when the player involved has nothing to do with the MLB level. Dont see what triggers it and it can be avoided by manually managing everything yourself still would like to see it fixed.

7. This is more a pet peeve and it might not be a bug, this was in the game last year but I cant find a way to turn off that yellow arrow under your fielder when he is running to a fly ball, even with Fielding indicator off/on and dynamic fielding on/locked it still is on. I thought the point of the white circle where the ball lands being a variable size to showcase bad fielders but it doesnt make a difference when the little yellow arrow shows exactly where the ball is going to land, would like to disable that arrow

8. I havent checked yet but I read that Citifield doesn't have the new 2012 dimensions in the outfield. I dont think this is something you can change in a patch but im obligated to mention it on behalf of the 4 mets fans that play this game

9. Free Agency in franchise mode could use some tuning. Big names never test the free agency market. I think the highest ranked guy i saw was a 84 but i forget who. I like how the FA system works bidding against other clubs but it appears guys rejoin their teams too often.

10. FA related I saw a few instances of high ranked guys on the Free Agent market not being signed, this could be an anamoly or roster issues but a guy ranked 90+ should be snagged up i would think something to look at

11. Not many trades happen during franchise, this is better than having TOO many trades, im not sure what the right amount is wouldnt mind seeing a few more tho

12. Had a few instances where pressing up on the right stick to throw to second base resulted in a throw home. Not very often but once is enough others have mentioned this too

13. Yankee and Detroit shade of blue is off needs to be darker

14. From what others have seen and myself it looks like relivers warm up a little too quickly. Makes it too easy to get out of a jam when you can warm a reliver up in 2 pitches, last year the amount of time a reliver needed was pretty spot on an increase would be good here.

15. The Pitcher fatigue slider appears to be linked to USER and CPU pitchers. A seperate slider for each would be a great thing and add to the challenge of the game. Love to pitch in the game, try to make the sliders as difficult as possible for me to create a challenge. I know there is a big reliance on pitch counts and i like that feature, a neat thing would be if you throw alot of pitches not at max power trying to save your pitchers arm it could extend his pitch count. I have to check on this to be sure but I dont think throwing 100 pitches at half power lets you stay in the game longer than throwing 100 pitches at max power like it should, But i havent tested it yet if it doesnt work that way then it should would give you a reason to not throw at full power versus pitchers/bad players every time like your facing ARod

Thats all i got for now, I love this game thank you for the improvements you have made the last two years going to be playin this one for awhile wish the devs all the best with whatever happens to the license
I'd love to see this implemented too.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:27 PM   #8
Rookie

RedLine's Arena

OVR: 8

Enjoying MLB 2K12 for the most part, wondering if you can do anything to fix ballparks in a patch, if not please make note of these changes for Petco Park for next year:

Petco Park dimensions are incorrect, they changed several years ago moving in the fences in right center field from 411 ft to 400 ft.

The batter's eye was updated to have Hoffman's retired #51 on top

Tony Gwynn statue is missing from the park-in-the-park grassy hill beyond the outfield

The field level seating is wrong,missing several rows of seats that should go up to the wall

The Western Metal Supply building is not named correctly (Max's supply or something).

Thanks for your consideration.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »