Home

MLB 2k12 Batting Stance/Pitching Delivery Updates

This is a discussion on MLB 2k12 Batting Stance/Pitching Delivery Updates within the MLB 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-06-2012, 12:52 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
MLB 2k12 Batting Stance/Pitching Delivery Updates

Last year philliesfan136 started a thread (http://www.operationsports.com/forum...es-thread.html) that turned out to be pretty successful. The edits suggested by both of us actually made it into the actual 2k roster updates. In a perfect world 2k would get everything right on the release roster but that most likely won't be the case. So if you have any questions regarding what a stance or delivery should be or if you have a suggestion of your own, post a reply and I'll compile all the questions/suggestions in this first post.
Special thanks to Donkeyjote who did a list like this last year, and that list was a reference point for some of the stances i used in my own list. his list can be found on page 2.

The process is as follows:
1. open edit player for _____
2. search players name for video (mlb.com/video first to try and get best quality, most recent. youtube, etc. afterwards if i need to)
3. if real-life and in-game do not match then i input donkeyjote's info
4. if real-life and donkeyjote's info doesn't match then i go through every stance in the game to try and match as best as possible.
5. if none really match then i look at little things like foot placement, bat height, bat movement, body movement, back positioning, what angle waist is turned at, etc. until i find a stance that is as close as possible on most of the criteria.

Batter - Delivery

ANGELS:
Spoiler

Astros:
Spoiler

Athletics:
Spoiler

Blue Jays:
Spoiler

Braves:
Spoiler

Brewers:
Spoiler

Cardinals:
Spoiler

Cubs:
Spoiler

Diamondbacks:
Spoiler

Dodgers:
Spoiler

Giants:
Spoiler

Indians:
Spoiler

Mariners:
Spoiler

Marlins:
Spoiler

Mets:
Spoiler

Nationals:
Spoiler

Orioles:
Spoiler

Padres:
Spoiler

Phillies:
Spoiler

Pirates:
Spoiler

Rangers:
Spoiler

Rays:
Spoiler

Red Sox:
Spoiler

Reds:
Spoiler

Rockies:
Spoiler

Royals:
Spoiler

Tigers:
Spoiler

Twins:
Spoiler

White Sox:
Spoiler

Yankees:
Spoiler

CHANGE LOG
Spoiler

I plan on doing the deliveries for every pitcher soon. dont have an eta since it'll probably take twice as long but it should be soon.

if a player isn't listed that means 2k got them right, or close enough to right that changing would be a 1a or 1b unnecessary change. ALL feedback is appreciated, i just would like to ask for proof behind it. If you think one of the stances/deliveries is absolutely god awful and you feel like you are worse of a human being for just having to witness such an inaccuracy, then by all means let me know. Just try to have proof so maybe we can discuss it and come to the common goal, getting the stances/deliveries right.

Pitcher - Delivery
Angels:
[spoiler]

Last edited by duhitsrandy; 05-10-2012 at 02:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2012, 04:04 PM   #2
MVP

philliesfan136's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: MLB 2k12 Batting Stance/Pitching Delivery Updates

Looking forward to checking out if 2K got it right this year.

If not, hopefully the same happens for 2K12 like with 2K11.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:54 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliesfan136
Looking forward to checking out if 2K got it right this year.

If not, hopefully the same happens for 2K12 like with 2K11.
i ran through the list we came up with last year and they have almost everyone with the same edits we came up with, except vance worley instead of john maine's delivery (not in game anymore) its the same thing but named vance worley haha.

kinda disappointed that there arent many new stances/deliveries but i guess it was a safer bet keeping alot of the older ones without messing with them
Old 03-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #4
MVP

philliesfan136's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhitsrandy
i ran through the list we came up with last year and they have almost everyone with the same edits we came up with, except vance worley instead of john maine's delivery (not in game anymore) its the same thing but named vance worley haha.

kinda disappointed that there arent many new stances/deliveries but i guess it was a safer bet keeping alot of the older ones without messing with them
Nice, glad to see we're being seen.

And yeah it's probably better that they don't mess with them now that most of them are good.

Last edited by philliesfan136; 07-26-2013 at 12:39 AM.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:14 PM   #5
Rookie

EJQJ99's Arena

OVR: 3

keryy wood's delivery is WAY off lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2012, 04:09 PM   #6
Rookie

LightEmUp34's Arena

OVR: 3

A couple Brewers I've changed already...

Corey Hart - Nick Markakis
Nyjer Morgan - Johnny Bench
Mat Gamel is off ... I honesty think I would pick Prince Fielder's stance based off what I've seen in person and Monday night on MLB Network in a ST game.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:54 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJQJ99
keryy wood's delivery is WAY off lol
just lookin a little bit before work for this one, found a couple that might fit but im not sold on any yet. what do you think about chad qualls delivery. maybe not as high of a kick but the same 3/4 release point and similar movement after the pitch. still gotta look some more but thats the closest i found so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightEmUp34
A couple Brewers I've changed already...

Corey Hart - Nick Markakis
Nyjer Morgan - Johnny Bench
Mat Gamel is off ... I honesty think I would pick Prince Fielder's stance based off what I've seen in person and Monday night on MLB Network in a ST game.
for hart markakis looks likes hes holds the bat too low and stands a little too open. i feel like i need to find a mix between brandon wood and kendrys morales for him. ill look more into that tonight after work

i like the johnny bench for morgan

for gamel so far fielder looks good but he holds the bat alot closer to his chest, almost justin morneau close but doesn't seem to have his legs that wide. if ryan rayburn didn;t hold the bat on his shoulder that one could work well too. atm i'd say go with fielder though, there dont seem to be many that could fit perfectly with him but i'll look some more when i get back home
Old 03-08-2012, 12:16 PM   #8
Rookie

houstonsportsfan's Arena

OVR: 1

what's a good batting stance for lance berkman? 2k never gets it right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Rosters »