Home

MLB 2k12 Roster Project

This is a discussion on MLB 2k12 Roster Project within the MLB 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-05-2012, 11:16 PM   #1
Banned

bugle987's Arena

OVR: 19
MLB 2k12 Roster Project

I am very excited for the 2012 MLB season, I'm willing to put in the time to create a realistic roster for not only the Majors, but for some minor league levels too. Here's what I plan on doing:

• Re-do all pitcher pitch types and pitch speeds
One place where I feel baseball video games lack including the Show is getting the pitch types and speeds down. Actually most of the time they are pretty far off. So using pitch fx and a couple other websites I will re-do all MLB pitchers. I did this last year for myself in June/July and it worked out well and made everything much more realistic
  • Change any accessories on players that are way off
This will be small, but if there are any players that need major accessory changes than I will do so.
  • Hitters ratings
Again if there are any hitter ratings that are way off, or that a lot of people think are wrong then I will change it up, but I won't just change a hitter on my own opinion.
  • Do all AAA/AA rosters and add most if not all of the Top 150 prospects in baseball
This will be the toughest thing to do and will take the most time, I will do all AAA rosters and AA rosters, and than any prospects that are younger such as new draft picks like Bubba Starling or Fransisco Lindor that are still at the Low A level.

I hope to have this done by Opening Day but it will be tough, if anyone wants to help give me rosters for their hometown minor league team that would be great. Thanks and I'll get back within the first couple days of the game coming out to let you know how things are going.

First Version Has Been Posted ON 2k Share All AAA rosters, accurate MLB pitch types and speeds, and the top 100 Prospects.

Name of file: b ray220 Roster Project Version1

A special thanks again to mkharsh for my base set.

Last edited by bugle987; 04-06-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2012, 07:46 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 2k12 Roster Project

I will help you bro. I will message minor league team rosters as i know good place for them
Old 03-06-2012, 10:21 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Im willing to help if you need it too. I like the pitching speed idea. If you dont need any help I will at least try them out and test them for you.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:08 PM   #4
Banned

bugle987's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trunksdmx
Im willing to help if you need it too. I like the pitching speed idea. If you dont need any help I will at least try them out and test them for you.
Ya I'll let you know if I need anything, maybe just inserting minor league names into the game with correct faces that will be the thing that takes the longest.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:49 PM   #5
MVP

philliesfan136's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugle987
Ya I'll let you know if I need anything, maybe just inserting minor league names into the game with correct faces that will be the thing that takes the longest.
I can help out on editing fake names and updating minor league teams if you want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2012, 07:12 PM   #6
Banned

bugle987's Arena

Alright after finally looking through the rosters I'm excited to see some of the top prospects already in, but I think the MLB pitcher types and speeds need A TON of work so I'll probably start once the next live roster comes out which will give me the updated rosters for now. That will probably come out in the next couple days from what I've heard.

Edit- Confirmed that roster update will happen in next day or two, will start editing MLB pitchers first.
I'll post that, and then go on to minor leaguers from there.

Last edited by bugle987; 03-06-2012 at 08:54 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:39 PM   #7
Pro

dansaint's Arena

OVR: 8

Few guys under other names. Cardinals:

#53 SP (Jermaine Taylor) for Memphis is Adam Ottavino. Stats (Ht/Wt) and birthdates match up. All you have to do is make him a RH hitter. Also might want to drop his stamina since he's gonna be a reliever.

#60 C for Memphis is Steven Hill. Everything matches up

Free Agent C Jeremy Young is Bryan Anderson and should be put on the Memphis Redbirds.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:50 PM   #8
Rookie

romeosdistress's Arena

OVR: 1

xbox 360 or ps3?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Rosters »