Home

Online will make or break this game for me

This is a discussion on Online will make or break this game for me within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-04-2012, 03:57 PM   #1
Rookie

BaseballJunkiesCEO's Arena

OVR: 0
Online will make or break this game for me

Does anyone else feel that after reading all the early impressions that it won't matter if the online experience sucks? This game has always been great,but its always failed at the online experience. Last year was better , but I'm hoping this year is better. They always release this game with glitches on the online mode, some you can work around.

I have my fingers crossed this year and have a feeling this will be best year yet. The real value of this game is playing in leagues and online games vs fellow gamers.
We are always looking for "core guys"
www.theshow.forumakers.com
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2012, 04:09 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Online will make or break this game for me

I really hope so, because it's always been a weakness of the series. I don't play with random people online (I hate cheesers), but I do have 2 or 3 close friends who I would like to play with.

With that said, we're mostly offline players anyway, so it's not a make or break thing, but I really do wish we can have the COMPLETE package one of these years, where online is at least great and the game is polished in every area.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

The hitting aspect of online will never get right. Too many chances for lag to run that part of the game. If you're only getting this for online play, you may need to look somewhere else.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Old 03-04-2012, 04:19 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
The hitting aspect of online will never get right. Too many chances for lag to run that part of the game. If you're only getting this for online play, you may need to look somewhere else.
That's understandable, but there's a difference between not perfect and really subpar for today's standards.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:26 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
Online experience is a huge part of sports games, I love franchose and RTTS but you will get burned out quick. The best part of sports is competion, so.playing guys online is what sports is all about. If I'm looking for a game for offline experience then it won't be in the sports genre.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2012, 04:30 PM   #6
Rookie

I can live with timing issues that I can work with. I'm talking disconnects and simple things like wins recoding in league play. I hear they have a dedicated server this year, that should be awesome.

If you don't want to face cheesers I would suggest finding a good league. Baseball is one of those games you play for a hour and when a cheeser ruins it that sucks.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:31 PM   #7
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

I think the press has access to online features for reviews, and they should be coming on Monday when the embargo will be lifted as far as I heard. So we'll hear some impressions by then.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:36 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
I think the press has access to online features for reviews, and they should be coming on Monday when the embargo will be lifted as far as I heard. So we'll hear some impressions by then.
Reviewers of sports games RARELY have any access to online, and when they do, it doesn't matter because nobody is online putting stress on the servers.

NBA 2k has online issues similar to the Show, and just like the Show, review scores never penalize them for poor online play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »