Home

Wow, We Are Sleeping On How Great Team Up Mode Is. This Is The Best It Has Ever Been

This is a discussion on Wow, We Are Sleeping On How Great Team Up Mode Is. This Is The Best It Has Ever Been within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-01-2012, 07:09 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Wow, We Are Sleeping On How Great Team Up Mode Is. This Is The Best It Has Ever Been

First off I want to start this off by saying a few things unrelated to the thread title.

1st. Making ranked team up mode select matches of 2 set teams is by far the dumbest move 2k has ever made to online play. WTF is the point of having both teams be the same for each matchup. Why not make both teams get selected randomly so you dont keep getting the same matchups. Its absolutley pointless.

2nd. How the hell did they decide that it was a good idea to have NO LOBBY for team up play. How in the hell is there no way to play team up and actually select the 2 teams and players you want without having to invite 10 people. There is no way to play this mode with randoms and select who you want.

3rd. Can people please stop lying about online now. ONLINE HAS NO CONNECTION ISSUES ANYMORE, NONE AT ALL. Why do I hear people complaining about lag, I have not had a game drop in months, it has not taken no longer than 10 seconds to find a match in months, stop lying, online finally works right, give 2k some props. Whats funny is, next year when the games are getting released the media will talk anbout 2k as if the online connection issues were present through the whole game year cycle. Hell no, it has been good since January, period.

However, I have played about 5 team up games today and it is absolutley bugless and amazing. No lag at all, every game connected with 10 players, the button delay is exactly the same as VS (extremely important. its very responsive) and having bad teammated does not necessarily mean you are going to get a bad grade. 3 out of the 5 games were filled with good players and I have had the most fun I have ever had online with 2k. I hit a gamewinner with Melo (19/10/6) and it was one of the best feelings I have got online from 2k. As a team, we earned that win, and my teammates trusted me to take the last shot (no mic so no verbal communication). It was great. Dont sleep on this mode people, you will enjoy it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2012, 08:17 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
You started off like you were gonna bash the game then you give it praise. I know what your saying and I agree. The lack of online lobbies really hurts the online aspect imo. I hate how I can't see the percentage of D/C's my opponent has before we play and is it just me or are the pre game stats and favorite play always out of wack.
"I've never really paid that much attention to it.. know what I'm saying? I'm just a player, I'm a player Greg, and I just play with whatever they put.. if we are gonna play with a sock, then we gon play with a sock." Delonte "The Golden Panther" West
Old 03-01-2012, 08:39 PM   #3
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Wow, We Are Sleeping On How Great Team Up Mode Is. This Is The Best It Has Ever B

Agree with OP. With good teammates and a good connection team-up is probably the best online part of 2k12 imo. They should make those changes hinted at by OP.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:56 PM   #4
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Wow, We Are Sleeping On How Great Team Up Mode Is. This Is The Best It Has Ever B

Agreed. I just starting to get into it and although you run into a few sour grapes who don't like to share the rock it is a very fun experience. My last game with Noah I had 19 pts 17 rebs and 1 block. A+ rating.

Do any of you guys play on xbox? Give me an add. I am looking for some team up teammates. GT-Cardinalbird5

Youtube
Old 03-01-2012, 11:23 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 9

I play 90% of my online games in team up. Great games most of the times the only thing I hate is playing on ball defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2012, 11:31 PM   #6
Banned

houstonsdream's Arena

OVR: 6

must be your first teamup game since release lol its been trash for months and hasnt worked. Start button been disappearing for the last 2 weeks for all player matches as well
Old 03-01-2012, 11:35 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Looking for teammates as well if we can get people to play some games..

GT--Thelovebelow21
Old 03-02-2012, 03:04 AM   #8
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonsdream
must be your first teamup game since release lol its been trash for months and hasnt worked. Start button been disappearing for the last 2 weeks for all player matches as well
Funny because I haven't had any problems except for people quitting games when they don't get their player.

Does anyone else think player priority should go based on your 2k rank or something similar to that matter? Few games ago I got Vessly for the Wizards and he was absolute trash. The only time I'd touch the ball was on rebounds and the only time my teammates attempted to pass it were on failed ally oops. Granted I got an A rating with 4 points, 6 rebounds, 2 blocks, 1 steal, 1 assist, and we won, but I felt like I could had a bigger impact using McGee or Wall. Plus it was kind of boring, but I understand someone has to use him.

Youtube

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »