Home

MLB 12 The Show - PS3 Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show - PS3 Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-01-2012, 10:27 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

42's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB 12 The Show - PS3 Impressions Thread

This thread is for IMPRESSIONS ONLY - posts that are NOT impressions will be deleted. If you continue to spam the thread with non-impressions, infractions will be handed out.

CONFIRMED Posters w/ the Game:

bluengold34_OS
FLIGHTWHITE PS3/Vita
EnigmaNemesis
NYYanks26
Skyboxer
ckarlic
bayman
zukes
sroz39
kcray
theaub
COMMISSIONERHBK9
shorty199127
Padgoi

Edit - Since the game is now available, you don't need to show proof. Keep this thread on impressions however.

Last edited by Pared; 03-06-2012 at 11:34 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2012, 10:36 AM   #2
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: MLB 12 The Show - Impressions Thread

First off, the case is very easy to open

Its a 5gb install, so that's what I am doing right now(please be patient)

Last edited by bluengold34_OS; 03-01-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:19 AM   #3
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

Some very early impressions:

Graphics, while not drastically different than 11, have improved. The Oakland A's metallic looking batting helmets are a thing of beauty.

Presentation- When the game starts it shows your defensive positions just like last year, but they show the ball being thrown around the horn...which is really cool.

Pulse pitching - 1 word - legit! In one inning I have walked 2 guys, and have thrown 34 pitches with Garza. It ain't easy folks

Ball physics - amazing! the ball comes off the bat and hits the ground exactly as you would think it would. When a guy swings, you can feel where the ball is going almost precisely, because of how well this is implemented.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:10 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Ok there is a roster update out dated 2-24

I guess the online portion isn't up yet as it won't take my online code.

Just fired up my 1st game Dodgers[me] vs Angels. On exp using default settings.

Wow, this game looks somewhat better, not sure what it is, could be the lighting but you won't be disappointed.

Game no doubt feels different when hitting. As Bob mentioned the ball comes off the bat the way it should in real life. Amazing what they did with this. I've went through the first 3 batters and I can tell the improvement instantly.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:11 PM   #5
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

Some more early impressions..and I do stress early.

In 4 innings on default All Star I am down 6-0 to the A's using the Cubs. I have walked 13 batters in 4 innings, as this pulse pitching is kicking the living hell out of me. Granted it's on default All Star...but it's way too early to start messing with sliders or options. Keep in mind also, I am not 20 years old any longer...so the reflexes may be a bit slower

I have heard some new commentary, but still hear enough of the old stuff to make it sound old.

I am using Zone hitting, and while it's a little bit of a challenge on All Star, still feels great. Hit a couple of doubles up against the wall, and a bloop single...so if you're a fan of the zone hitting, it feels really good this year.

So I have only played 4 innings, that's why the impressions are short. I am about to start a game with the Cubs at Miami..so I can see the new stadium!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2012, 12:26 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

Pulse Pitching is gonna take some practice. I can tell I'm gonna like this addition this year. If it's not timed right you really run the risk of the other team going yard especially vs some of the more powerful hitters.

What's kinda weird but in a good way is that when using the PP when a power hitter comes up to the plate, that's when my hands start to quiver and my palms get sweaty. Wonder if this is what SCEA/Russell wanted us to feel with this feature??? Incredible how these guys can come up with this stuff. Facing AP of the Angels and I was all over the plate due to getting nervous and not hitting the mark. Lol
Old 03-01-2012, 12:45 PM   #7
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OK after playing 2 innings in Miami, I am amazed at how good of a job they did on this stadium. It looks stunning in this game, so for all you Marlin fans out there....have fun.

I am getting better with the PP, as I have only walked 1 guy in 2 innings still using Garza. As James mentioned, this mode of pitching is very well done, and really adds to the level of nervousness when pitching to a power hitter.

And I will say it again

I am stunned at how much the new ball physics really add to the game.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:50 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
OK after playing 2 innings in Miami, I am amazed at how good of a job they did on this stadium. It looks stunning in this game, so for all you Marlin fans out there....have fun.

I am getting better with the PP, as I have only walked 1 guy in 2 innings still using Garza. As James mentioned, this mode of pitching is very well done, and really adds to the level of nervousness when pitching to a power hitter.

And I will say it again

I am stunned at how much the new ball physics really add to the game.
These 2 things are what stand/jump out instantly for me with the short time I've had. Bob have you tried inputting the online code???

Trying to paint the corners of the plate is gonna be tough and rightfully so using the PP feature.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »