Home

New MLB Playoff Format Confirmed

This is a discussion on New MLB Playoff Format Confirmed within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-29-2012, 03:10 PM   #1
Rookie

KCsFinest5's Arena

OVR: 10
New MLB Playoff Format Confirmed

Ken Rosenthal (FOX Sports) just tweeted that the playoffs are expanding from 8-10 teams this year. Any chance this can be patched in? I remember seeing a post about this a while back, but it is now becoming a reality. I would be pretty disappointed if this didn't get in the game via patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-29-2012, 03:17 PM   #2
Rookie

bigdaddykraven's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: New MLB Playoff Format Confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCsFinest5
Ken Rosenthal (FOX Sports) just tweeted that the playoffs are expanding from 8-10 teams this year. Any chance this can be patched in? I remember seeing a post about this a while back, but it is now becoming a reality. I would be pretty disappointed if this didn't get in the game via patch.
From what I remember, MLB 12 will not get it, but who knows if they surprise us maybe...I'd just be afraid of the patching breaking something else.

I think I read somewhere that the 2K12 guys were going to patch it into their game if the rule happened so like I said who knows what the SCEA team will decide. With or without the change its still going to be an awesome game.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:19 PM   #3
Rookie

KCsFinest5's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddykraven
From what I remember, MLB 12 will not get it, but who knows if they surprise us maybe...I'd just be afraid of the patching breaking something else.

I think I read somewhere that the 2K12 guys were going to patch it into their game if the rule happened so like I said who knows what the SCEA team will decide. With or without the change its still going to be an awesome game.
Oh no doubt the game will be great. To me, this is a pretty big facet of franchise mode. The whole point of each season is to make the playoffs, it just won't feel right for that format not to match up with MLB's format.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:30 PM   #4
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCsFinest5
Oh no doubt the game will be great. To me, this is a pretty big facet of franchise mode. The whole point of each season is to make the playoffs, it just won't feel right for that format not to match up with MLB's format.
Do we want a delayed game because MLB decided a month from the regular season to changed the playoff format? They already changed the playoff format that was put in place in early December. If they can do it cool and if not so be it....
Old 02-29-2012, 03:31 PM   #5
Pro

garyjr33's Arena

OVR: 13

If this is real...I really hope they can find a way to get it in there this year. Maybe MLB should pay for them to get it in there this year. Haha.
NCAAF: Illinois Fighting Illini, Lafayette
NCCAB: Illinois Fighting Illini, Lafayette
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-29-2012, 03:33 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

For those saying that it can't be patched, I'm kind of disappointed that the point is being missed.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this game, and HATE to criticize anything about it. However, there's been talk of this happening for months and months now. I would have expected for SCEA to have this be an OPTION in the game just in case this exact scenario happened. Kind of surprised and disappointed they didn't to tell you the truth.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:37 PM   #7
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

I don't think SCEA has officially said they were not doing anything. Everything has been speculation up until this point. I guess until they say NO, there is no reason for everyone to get fired up. At least yet, lol!
Old 02-29-2012, 03:43 PM   #8
Rookie

bigdaddykraven's Arena

OVR: 4

Right people are getting a little wound up over this.

No one said they "CAN'T" patch it because honestly, if they wanted to they could patch this game until it was an NBA game if they really wanted.

Also I don't think they said they weren't going to do it at all but that they had no plans to do it at that time. It could happen so we'll just have to wait and see after the game is released because I can bet you we likely won't hear anything on a patch until its been out for at least a week or two.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »