Home

Time for new announcers?

This is a discussion on Time for new announcers? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-29-2012, 12:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Time for new announcers?

Anybody else feel that its time for new announcers? The game is almost perfect.. but listening to the same announcers every year makes you think you are playing the same game. We have been listening to the same ones for 10 years.. Dave Campbell and Eric Karros are terrible, and Vasgersian is way outdated. These guys dont even do real games... I would love to hear Marty and Thom Brennaman!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-29-2012, 12:14 PM   #2
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Re: Time for new announcers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfer
Anybody else feel that its time for new announcers? The game is almost perfect.. but listening to the same announcers every year makes you think you are playing the same game. We have been listening to the same ones for 10 years.. Dave Campbell and Eric Karros are terrible, and Vasgersian is way outdated. These guys dont even do real games... I would love to hear Marty and Thom Brennaman!!
Simple answer YES!

Not because they are so bad actually from what I have heard from MLB 12 The Show it has improved some what.

But I think a brand new play by play voice would be a breath of fresh air.

Same goes for a new PA Announcer also

Maybe someday

Last edited by tnixen; 02-29-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:14 PM   #3
Rookie

adding to that..
I think they need to change the presentation to feel more like a Fox sports broadcast or espn broadcast. Those are little things that I like about the 2k series. For me, the show presentation is just getting stale.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:18 PM   #4
Rookie

earp4530's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Actually they do.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:19 PM   #5
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
adding to that..
I think they need to change the presentation to feel more like a Fox sports broadcast or espn broadcast. Those are little things that I like about the 2k series. For me, the show presentation is just getting stale.

MLB The Show presentation was indeed getting pretty stale. But from what I have seen from MLB 12 The Show its not so stale any more

But yes as ive said many times it can still be improved a lot.

And I am sure it will next year

Last edited by tnixen; 02-29-2012 at 12:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-29-2012, 12:22 PM   #6
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Well for the record all 3 do commentate games in the MLB. Personally I think Vasgersian is excellent and don't have a problem with Karros. I would like to see Campbell go. I think problem is not so much the people but more the style on how the information is presented. Maybe the people in charge of the commentary for the game need more of the shake up?

As for the PA announcer I never pay attention to them while at real games so I don't in the game either.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:23 PM   #7
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by earp4530
Actually they do.

Indeed they do broadcast games in real life and they also sound way better in real life then do in MLB The Show.

Which leads me to believe the problem is not really who the voice is but the way its programed in the game thats the issue.

Sony should buy 2KSports announcing technology lol

Last edited by tnixen; 02-29-2012 at 12:26 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:26 PM   #8
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

A couple of years ago, I would have said yes because I am a presentation geek. However, after my brother turned off the commentary to his Madden, I've found that most sports games are better with the commentary off. I mean, we're never going to get smooth commentary (and that includes 2kSports, who's baseball commentary is top notch). I'd rather listen to the sound of the game and have Josh Lewin* and Tom Grieve call my games in my head.

Spoiler

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »