Home

2012 OSFM: Toronto Blue Jays

This is a discussion on 2012 OSFM: Toronto Blue Jays within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-27-2012, 08:51 PM   #1
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35
2012 OSFM + Edits: Toronto Blue Jays

Hey everyone,

MLB Bob and I will be taking the Jays this year, and I wanted to throw out the feedback net for any opinions on the system this year. Obviously this is an incredibly deep system and as such will be one of the better ones to edit this year.

I have created a google doc that you can find HERE. As you can see, all it is right now is names and potential. As such, I would ask for the following

- opinions on the 90 man roster (are players in the right level? are obvious players being missed? should some prospects be replaced by others?)
- opinions on player potential
- opinions on specific player ratings/mannerisms etc
- opinions on lineups/rotations for all three rosters

Last year, I was able to edit and put up a Jays roster (before the game was even released somehow ) that was generally well received. While I don't think I'll be able to do it as promptly this year (and as such I am grateful that MLB Bob is assisting me), I hope that this year's Jays roster can be of the same quality.

So yeah..thanks and feedback away please.

EDIT: Also if we want to make this a general Blue Jay edit thread I am down for that.

Last edited by theaub; 02-27-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: 2012 OSFM: Toronto Blue Jays

It's nice to see some Blue Jay love on here. I thought the Jays might go unclaimed this year. I won't add much in terms of rating prospects but I have made some good edits in the past in terms of tweaking MLB player pitch types, batting stances, etc. I find that the default pitch types are rarely correct. I guess you can't do much until the game is released but I would love others feedback and opinions once it is.

The spreadsheet looks fairly accurate. I think McCoy might win the MLB job over Vizquel. McCoy is a much better option as a pinch runner and he can play any position on the field.

p.s. I hope Bautista has that incredible 1-handed follow through on all hits shown on the trailer video.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:02 AM   #3
Rookie

Jays20593's Arena

OVR: 4

Just my opinion on some prospects potential,

David Cooper: C/D - I don't see him getting much better
Kyle Drabek: A/B - stuff is there, just needs to learn control & discipline
Carreno:B - very impressive in callup last year

looks good so far.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:31 PM   #4
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays20593
Just my opinion on some prospects potential,

David Cooper: C/D - I don't see him getting much better
Kyle Drabek: A/B - stuff is there, just needs to learn control & discipline
Carreno:B - very impressive in callup last year

looks good so far.

Not to hamper your ideas but all those players should already be in the game so their potential will not be editable..it will only be the created players that we can create with specific potentials. I do however agree on your assessments.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:57 PM   #5
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

Just a note, I'm super high on Jake marisnick
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2012, 12:53 PM   #6
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

With help from various sites I put together (added on) to create a list of Jays prospects that were ranked by all the different publications. Im going to organize and share as soon as I can, but it should help in ranking as the info I already saw certian prospects are not ranked any lower than certian points by all lists and some lists rank guys that arent on other so it gives a good example of who to include and possible upside.....if anyones interested.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:59 PM   #7
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB Bob
With help from various sites I put together (added on) to create a list of Jays prospects that were ranked by all the different publications. Im going to organize and share as soon as I can, but it should help in ranking as the info I already saw certian prospects are not ranked any lower than certian points by all lists and some lists rank guys that arent on other so it gives a good example of who to include and possible upside.....if anyones interested.
If you'd like to send it to me I can include it in the Google Doc. I feel like some guys like Nicolino etc are going to need to be added to the roster.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:09 PM   #8
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Noah Syndergaard should have A potential, he's gonna be a future ace, like Roy Halladay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »