Home

MLB 12: The Show Jersey table

This is a discussion on MLB 12: The Show Jersey table within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-27-2012, 02:12 AM   #1
Pro

Doran's Arena

OVR: 4
MLB 12: The Show Uniform table

Hello all.

Last year, I created a Jersey Table to help those looking for accuracy in the uniforms that not only their team wears, but also their team's opponents wear. This Jersey Table will, of course, be continued this year. The MLB The Show wiki, created by bp4baseball, has graciously hosted my table, and I continue to thank him for doing so.

The Jersey Table ver. 1.0 is already up on the wiki at this link. I appreciate any corrections that should be made. Be prepared to back it up with proof from official team sources that I may ask for.

(As usual, the Astros and Brewers have been shafted yet again by the Style Guide and/or SCEA's slot system for the jerseys. The Braves join them as a team that has been given the short stick by the lack of jersey slots. I have offered up alternatives on the table in lieu of the real jerseys.)

In this thread, I'll be listing important changes from each team for 2012. Aesthetics are not important, but drastically different hats, jerseys or pants will be listed. For example, it's not important to me that the Kansas City Royals' baby blue uniform switched the colours for their script and front number. What is important is that the hat for this uniform is no longer powder blue, but royal blue.

So, here are the changes, off the top of my head. If you have any additions, post them in this thread and I'll edit the original post.

NL West

Colorado Rockies
  • Pinstripes have been eliminated for the road uniform. This affects the road pants for the black and purple alternates, as well.
  • Speaking of the purple alternate, it has replaced the sleeveless alternate in the game.
  • The Rockies will wear their batting practice tops for road games this season. Possibly home games as well, but that has not been confirmed.

San Diego Padres
  • Because of the new uniforms, the blue hat with the sand 'SD' logo has been retired.

San Francisco Giants
  • New road alternate jersey to be worn with the black, orange-brimmed hat on Sunday road games, so I've heard.

NL Central

Houston Astros
  • Brick-coloured home alternate still not in the game.
  • Brick-coloured hat to be worn with the road jersey full-time, so I've heard.
  • General rule that the road jersey will now be worn more often than the brick alternate.

Milwaukee Brewers
  • Navy home alternate still not in the game.

NL East

Atlanta Braves
  • New throwback alternate to be worn on weekend home games. This jersey is not in MLB 12: The Show.
  • Red alternate moved to Friday home games.

Miami Marlins
  • Complete makeover (and new name).
  • Rules for when the alternates are to be worn, if any, have yet to be announced to my knowledge.

New York Mets
  • Blue-brimmed, black hat retired.
  • Blue hat now worn with road jersey.
  • Pinstriped jersey is now the home jersey.
  • Spring-training jersey will be worn in regular season games.
  • Black alternate will be rarely worn, and usually only on road games. It will be retired after the 2012 season.

AL West

Seattle Mariners
  • Teal-brimmed hat to be worn with Monday & Friday teal alternate.

Texas Rangers
  • Red undershirt and socks will now be worn with the red alternate in MLB 12: The Show.
  • Red accessories (undershirt, wristbands) can not be worn with home jersey for the popular white alternate look seen in the 2011 playoffs. Socks are red if H-Alternate pants are chosen.
  • The Texas Rangers will be wearing throwbacks to celebrate the team's 40th anniversary. Details here.

AL Central

Chicago White Sox
  • Throwback alternate jersey to be worn on Sunday home games.

Kansas City Royals
  • Powder blue hat retired.
  • Royal blue hat will be worn with powder blue jersey.

AL East

Baltimore Orioles
  • Orange alternate introduced. Rumour is that it will be worn on weekend home games.
  • White-paneled cap to be worn with home jersey and orange alternate.
  • Orange-brimmed, black hat with cartoon bird to be worn with road jersey.
  • Black alternates unchanged.

Toronto Blue Jays
  • Complete makeover.
  • Rules for when the alternate is to be worn, if any, have yet to be announced to my knowledge.

Also, lastly: don't complain about this jersey or that jersey not making it in. It is likely due to the MLB Style Guide that your favourite jersey is not in the game. This goes doubly-so for throwbacks, which fall under very stringent rules! (So I've heard)

Last edited by Doran; 03-24-2012 at 12:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2012, 03:15 AM   #2
Contributor

TheKnack's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: MLB 12: The Show Jersey table

Oooooh teal brim for the M's! Digggg it
Old 02-27-2012, 06:25 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

so happy they're getting rid of the black in the mets uniform. going back to the way it should be, blue and orange
Old 02-27-2012, 09:32 AM   #4
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

For the Texas Rangers (in my observation), it is highly unlikely that the "red-home alternate" will be used. If the sock glitch is fixed (and it looks like it is with the H-Alternate pants having red socks), then the only problem is that the Home jersey will have blue undershirts.

Also for the Rangers, the team will celebrate its fortieth anniversary. These are the dates that they will wear historical uniforms (from www.texasrangers.com)

Saturday, May 12 vs. Los Angeles Angels—1974 white home uniform
Saturday, June 16 vs. Houston—1986 white home uniform
Saturday, July 7 vs. Minnesota—1994 white home uniform
Saturday, August 11 vs. Detroit—1976 powder blue home uniform

Old 02-27-2012, 09:44 AM   #5
Pro

garyjr33's Arena

OVR: 13

This is cool...once the OS rosters come out I think I may use this for my franchise this year.
NCAAF: Illinois Fighting Illini, Lafayette
NCCAB: Illinois Fighting Illini, Lafayette
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2012, 11:30 AM   #6
Pro

Doran's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
For the Texas Rangers (in my observation), it is highly unlikely that the "red-home alternate" will be used. If the sock glitch is fixed (and it looks like it is with the H-Alternate pants having red socks), then the only problem is that the Home jersey will have blue undershirts.

Also for the Rangers, the team will celebrate its fortieth anniversary. These are the dates that they will wear historical uniforms (from www.texasrangers.com)

Saturday, May 12 vs. Los Angeles Angels—1974 white home uniform
Saturday, June 16 vs. Houston—1986 white home uniform
Saturday, July 7 vs. Minnesota—1994 white home uniform
Saturday, August 11 vs. Detroit—1976 powder blue home uniform
More than likely true for the red-home alternate uniforms. I don't think that will turn out well.

I completely forgot about the throwback uniforms for this year. Thanks for the reminder, Perfect Zero.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:00 PM   #7
Pro

Doran's Arena

Rockies will wear batting practice jerseys on the road

Quote:
The Rockies also have the option of wearing their batting-practice tops if they like. They are black white and purple.
I've added them to the jersey table.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:14 PM   #8
Rookie

Atlbraves10's Arena

OVR: 2

Braves fans should note:

Though the new alternates aren't in the game, there are Throwbacks, that except for a name on the back, and the old Chief Indian logo on the sleeve instead of a crossed tomahawk seal, is the same as what the Braves will wear this year. Be aware however if that throwback's matching pants are the same as '11, you must either play with regular home pants, or be content with the fact your players who show sock will be sporting some ugly, strange white socks with blue ring stripes.

"The bases are loaded, and so am I"-Skip Caray

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »