Home

Old 02-25-2012, 02:56 PM   #1
Rookie

R3D BULL83's Arena

OVR: 1
Icon4 2k has it

If 2ksports games have the ability to share rosters,sliders,custom teams, and created players. How come EA sports games doesn't have something atleast similar to it.I feel having to download realistic sliders,old teams the game will be much more fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2012, 06:34 PM   #2
Rookie

DeconstruKt's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2k has it

Because the EA team is terrible, they've been using the same recycled game since 09 with little changes, GM mode still sucks, and many key features found in the old NHL games are not found here.

I still stick to 2k for Franchise mode to this day, I only use EA to play online with friends.

I wish they had some competition so they could pick up their act.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:09 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm not trying to defend EA here, but I would like to give them a little tiny bit of credit. I went back and played '11 the other day, and the biggest improvement I noticed was the puck physics. I guess I didn't notice it last year, but the puck rarely bounces around in '11, and sometimes comes to a dead halt when it should clearly ricochet. The puck physics are much more fluid, but spontaneous, in '12. Hitting is also better in '12, imo.

That said, there is an awful lot more that could be improved. $60 for one improvement plus some broken glass and goalie interaction is quite steep.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:28 PM   #4
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

While 2K does indeed have the features mentioned, there was alot that series was missing that would made the game alot more fun as well. The grass isn't necessarily greener on the other side, it's just nice to have something else to play while the frustration settles.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:56 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

2k also had an online customizable season mode with a fantasy draft and GREAT web interface and ummm.... that WAS ON THE PS2 !!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-29-2012, 06:52 PM   #6
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxonwheels
I'm not trying to defend EA here, but I would like to give them a little tiny bit of credit. I went back and played '11 the other day, and the biggest improvement I noticed was the puck physics. I guess I didn't notice it last year, but the puck rarely bounces around in '11, and sometimes comes to a dead halt when it should clearly ricochet. The puck physics are much more fluid, but spontaneous, in '12. Hitting is also better in '12, imo.

That said, there is an awful lot more that could be improved. $60 for one improvement plus some broken glass and goalie interaction is quite steep.
Agreed.
I feel like the game is getting close, but they are just making so many small tweaks that it's tough to warrant the 60.
If this season they fix how the goalies play (Coming out of the crease, the angles they take, covering pucks etc.) and how well the AI can get the puck so easily (In the corners and in front of their goalie especially) and tweak the hitting and shooting, i think the game will be pretty close to perfect.
Adding game face (so we can create better versions of ourselves, and players in game with awful models. Just look at the model for Ryan Reaves. It looks horrid.)
That would all be icing on the cake.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:49 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 11
Disagree! ;-)

Puck or Physics in general and hitting is way better in NHL2K10!!!
No Doubt!
Just watch the Physics Vids from DJNeo on 2khockey.net or youtube!
Old 03-02-2012, 03:16 AM   #8
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupCrazyManiac
Disagree! ;-)

Puck or Physics in general and hitting is way better in NHL2K10!!!
No Doubt!
Just watch the Physics Vids from DJNeo on 2khockey.net or youtube!
2k10 seemed to have a lot of nice animations that i wish NHL13 would start to get. So not everyone on the ice looks so similar. Little things to break it up a bit.
That said from the videos i watched the puck physics just don't seem that solid, and both games need to find a nice way to better represent players skating. It's still too easy for AI players to just stop and move with the puck glued to their stick, almost pivoting in place to change directions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »