Home

Tiger Stadium

This is a discussion on Tiger Stadium within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-24-2012, 03:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Thumbs up Tiger Stadium

I miss the old girl. From her overhanging deck in right field, the very short backstop, the deep center, those giant light towers peeping down at you and those Blue and Orange seats, and from the outside she looked like an old battleship. what a place to play, video game I mean.
When ever I got a new baseball game I would always check out Tiger Stadium and looked forward to playing there. I bought the classic stadium pack yesterday but no Tiger Stadium.

I remember one guy saying that sitting in the front row behind the back stop you could spit your gum out and hit the batter, you would get a real appreciation of what a great change up looks like, because you cannot hit a good change up, great spot for the fans to watch the game.

Maybe someday well get her back in the game. What a cathedral !
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2012, 07:16 PM   #2
Rookie

canyonblue's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Tiger Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixmillion
I miss the old girl. From her overhanging deck in right field, the very short backstop, the deep center, those giant light towers peeping down at you and those Blue and Orange seats, and from the outside she looked like an old battleship. what a place to play, video game I mean.
When ever I got a new baseball game I would always check out Tiger Stadium and looked forward to playing there. I bought the classic stadium pack yesterday but no Tiger Stadium.

I remember one guy saying that sitting in the front row behind the back stop you could spit your gum out and hit the batter, you would get a real appreciation of what a great change up looks like, because you cannot hit a good change up, great spot for the fans to watch the game.

Maybe someday well get her back in the game. What a cathedral !
MLB Network recently had their Top 9 Stadiums of ALL TIME, and Tiger Stadium was in there. They are:

9. Shibe Park, Philadelphia
8. Astrodome, Houston
7. Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles
6. Tiger Stadium, Detroit
5. Oriole Park at Camden Yards, Baltimore
4. Ebbets Field, Brooklyn
3. Wrigley Field, Chicago
2. Old Yankee Stadium, New York
1. Fenway Park, Boston

Well lets see, we can play at 4 of them already in the game itself. To be leaving out Tiger Stadium from The Show is a glaring void, and a huge mistake. I have a set of 2 seats from the park in my office, purchased when they started the first round of destroying the park. My wife wasn't pleased when I spent the money, but I wasn't about to let that chance slip by.

Quote:
Here is the video you are referring to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Po_m...A1EE98EE294D03
Old 02-24-2012, 10:37 PM   #3
Rookie

WOW thanks canyonblue , from watching the video link , my memory serves me well on my quote about the gum and the changeup. I have not seen that program in many years. I used to have it recorded on vhs back in the day, that program is fantastic.

I agree with you too, that it is a shame Tiger Stadium is not in the game. Those seats are a real gem, cudos to you. I am from Canada, Newfoundland actually and I went to Tiger Stadium to see my first live baseball game, that was my first trip outside of our country so that will tell you what Tiger Stadium meant to me.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:11 PM   #4
It's RBIs or ribbies

JoeRyan33's Arena

OVR: 10

Amen. I miss that old place, loved the look of that right field porch.

Thanks to all that helped with the Baltimore Orioles roster, and to N51_rob for making me an OS premium member.

CAPS I'm working on: http://www.flickr.com/photos/25328192@N06/
Old 02-24-2012, 11:31 PM   #5
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Yep.
I could almost guarantee that if you put it to a vote for "what retro stadium would you like to see in The Show", it would either be Tiger Stadium or Ebbet's Field.
Both have a sort of cult following(if that's possible for a stadium!).

I'd vote Ebbet's first...but Tiger a close second.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2012, 09:35 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Yep.
I could almost guarantee that if you put it to a vote for "what retro stadium would you like to see in The Show", it would either be Tiger Stadium or Ebbet's Field.
Both have a sort of cult following(if that's possible for a stadium!).

I'd vote Ebbet's first...but Tiger a close second.

M.K.
Knight165
I think this would be a really good idea. I think alot of people (including myself) not only buy The Show because it is an excellent baseball game, but because the dev team is one of the few that has a connection to and listens to the consumers. If they were to put up a poll to vote for an extra classic stadium for '13, it would not only make the game THAT much better, but it would also help the fans of the series to feel like they had more of an impact on development. Win-Win
Old 02-25-2012, 10:42 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiser66
I think this would be a really good idea. I think alot of people (including myself) not only buy The Show because it is an excellent baseball game, but because the dev team is one of the few that has a connection to and listens to the consumers. If they were to put up a poll to vote for an extra classic stadium for '13, it would not only make the game THAT much better, but it would also help the fans of the series to feel like they had more of an impact on development. Win-Win
Yes, I agree whole heartly, because ballparks play such an important role in the outcome of the game really. Hockey, football, basketball, all have the same dimensions no matter where you play, but baseball is a different story all together, no two fields are alike and they all have their little quirks and so on. For example, imagine when a rookie left fielder plays in Boston for the first time, look what he has to deal with. And as for Tiger Stadium, imagine the right fielder waiting for the fly ball at the warning track only to be taken away by the overhanging deck.

So you see how important ballparks are and the past ones should not be forgotton for that very reason, they have so much character.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:49 AM   #8
Banned

Clarke99's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by canyonblue
MLB Network recently had their Top 9 Stadiums of ALL TIME, and Tiger Stadium was in there. They are:

9. Shibe Park, Philadelphia
8. Astrodome, Houston
7. Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles
6. Tiger Stadium, Detroit
5. Oriole Park at Camden Yards, Baltimore
4. Ebbets Field, Brooklyn
3. Wrigley Field, Chicago
2. Old Yankee Stadium, New York
1. Fenway Park, Boston

Well lets see, we can play at 4 of them already in the game itself. To be leaving out Tiger Stadium from The Show is a glaring void, and a huge mistake. I have a set of 2 seats from the park in my office, purchased when they started the first round of destroying the park. My wife wasn't pleased when I spent the money, but I wasn't about to let that chance slip by.

Here is the video you are referring to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Po_m...A1EE98EE294D03

Baseball people are too Loyal

Fenway is a hole plain and simple, besides that we all know AT&T is definatley better than any of those hands down.

but no "tradition" so what, move on baseball move on...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »