Home

Collision Awareness

This is a discussion on Collision Awareness within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-24-2012, 11:53 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Collision Awareness

I thought Collision awareness would stop the annoying players occupying the same space at the same time thus going through each other. I read that this new feature would get rid of that and other things like in slides. Well, watch the lastest clip of the Angels and Rangers (the 17 min one). I saw the pitcher walking back to the mound from home, and the batter coming up, and he walked through him. It was just part of his body but still. Therefore, this has not been fixed.

Don't get me wrong, I love the show. I've been playing for years, but I thought they would have this fixed by now. It's just a cosmetic thing. It will not stop me from purchasing '12 or '13. But MVP never had this problem. And seeing 2K license is running out, Sony needs to make these little changes that will make a difference when they get some real competition.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2012, 12:05 PM   #2
Rookie

tigertown's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Collision Awareness

for me its difficult to make a judgment on such a small sample, you would probably need to play several games to accurately see how the Collision Awareness is working. I'm almost positive that SCEA is not lying to us about improvements.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:08 PM   #3
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

You can also see examples of the collision awareness in the videos too.

YouTube

Old 02-24-2012, 12:13 PM   #4
Pro

JustSteve's Arena

OVR: 4

Will it be perfect? No.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:17 PM   #5
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcmich22
I thought Collision awareness would stop the annoying players occupying the same space at the same time thus going through each other. I read that this new feature would get rid of that and other things like in slides. Well, watch the lastest clip of the Angels and Rangers (the 17 min one). I saw the pitcher walking back to the mound from home, and the batter coming up, and he walked through him. It was just part of his body but still. Therefore, this has not been fixed.

Don't get me wrong, I love the show. I've been playing for years, but I thought they would have this fixed by now. It's just a cosmetic thing. It will not stop me from purchasing '12 or '13. But MVP never had this problem. And seeing 2K license is running out, Sony needs to make these little changes that will make a difference when they get some real competition.
I seen what your talking about. The pitcher grazed the batter on the way back to the mound. The only thing he did not to is say "excuse me".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2012, 12:18 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Though I don't blame you for wanting this "fixed," I'm pretty sure the devs were referring to In-Play animations.

This sounds like one of the in-between-plays / automated animations that is a result from the play ending and the animations "resetting" so to speak, that they probably didn't feel the need to work on. Or maybe it was more complicated than that.

I could be wrong...
Old 02-24-2012, 12:22 PM   #7
Rookie

ped3328's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by decga
I seen what your talking about. The pitcher grazed the batter on the way back to the mound. The only thing he did not to is say "excuse me".
Not very polite! lol
Old 02-24-2012, 12:27 PM   #8
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

This just tells you that people here are so perfectionist! They won't be satisfied unless they see airbag deploying just before players collide like they saw in that video!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »