Home

2012 MLB Playoff Format

This is a discussion on 2012 MLB Playoff Format within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 06:12 AM   #1
Rookie

Amazin's Arena

OVR: 3
2012 MLB Playoff Format

Has it been discussed as to how MLB 12 The Show will handle the possible addition of another playoff team to each league if MLB decides to implement it this season?

Is it possible to patch it in with a title update?

I doubt that there are customizable options that allow the user to essentially play with the new format considering the details have yet to be set in stone.

If this has been discussed in detail already then my apologies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2012, 06:53 AM   #2
MVP

MatrixTN's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: 2012 MLB Playoff Format

I'd say No across the board.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:32 AM   #3
World Series Champions!!

Cubfan's Arena

OVR: 20

MLB isn't sure that they will add the 2 wild card teams at this time. If they are added it will not make it in to The Show till next year.
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NCAA: Iowa Hawkeyes
Old 02-22-2012, 08:46 AM   #4
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Baseball needs to come out and say that they aren't going to do it. The schedules are set, the playoffs will start well into October, and teams are getting ready for those scenarios. It's going to be better to wait until the Astros move to the American League.

As for the Show, I wouldn't put a bet on a patch implementing new playoffs.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:19 AM   #5
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

MLB were suppose to have a decision by March 1st but I doubt that will happen.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2012, 10:56 AM   #6
Rookie

Amazin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTiger1
MLB were suppose to have a decision by March 1st but I doubt that will happen.

The March 1st date is pretty much a hard date as a decision being made in order to figure out all the logistics of adding the two extra Wild Card teams as far as scheduling and TV rights and whatnot.

It sounds like it is going to be implemented this season which is kind of unfortunate that we will not be able to experience the true postseason format in MLB 12 The Show and I am not putting the blame on the developer by any means considering how late MLB has been with making a decision.

I would imagine to incorporate such changes would require a fair bit of work so, like others, I doubt we will see it this season in any fashion.

Personally, given the fact that the Astros are moving to the AL West next season and we will have interleague games everyday I think they should just wait and start the new format next year.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:00 AM   #7
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazin
The March 1st date is pretty much a hard date as a decision being made in order to figure out all the logistics of adding the two extra Wild Card teams as far as scheduling and TV rights and whatnot.

It sounds like it is going to be implemented this season which is kind of unfortunate that we will not be able to experience the true postseason format in MLB 12 The Show and I am not putting the blame on the developer by any means considering how late MLB has been with making a decision.

I would imagine to incorporate such changes would require a fair bit of work so, like others, I doubt we will see it this season in any fashion.

Personally, given the fact that the Astros are moving to the AL West next season and we will have interleague games everyday I think they should just wait and start the new format next year.
Being a Braves fan I certainly wish this new format was around last year.

But I don't like the direction MLB is headed by moving the Astros to the AL and having interleague play all year. The only way, ONLY, way I could even begin to accept that is if they have the DH in both leagues or do away with it completely. So much for what happened in 1973 when it was just suppose to be a temporary thing. Here it is 2012 with no signs of ever going away.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 02-22-2012, 11:20 AM   #8
Rookie

Amazin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTiger1
Being a Braves fan I certainly wish this new format was around last year.

But I don't like the direction MLB is headed by moving the Astros to the AL and having interleague play all year. The only way, ONLY, way I could even begin to accept that is if they have the DH in both leagues or do away with it completely. So much for what happened in 1973 when it was just suppose to be a temporary thing. Here it is 2012 with no signs of ever going away.
I was surprised to learn after reading some of the new CBA that no team will play more than 20 interleague games in a given year under the new deal. I initially thought that the amount of interleague games played would go up significantly considering it would be played each and everyday. Most teams played 18 interleague games as the schedule is today.

Concerning the new format and whatnot I posted this a few years back on what I had hoped would happen but knew it basically had zero chance of happening...

http://the1constant.mlblogs.com/2010...s-realignment/
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »