Home

NBA 2k12 Playbook changes...

This is a discussion on NBA 2k12 Playbook changes... within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-21-2012, 06:34 PM   #1
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
NBA 2k12 Playbook changes...

I wanted to share with all of you the work I have put in to the play books for full 50 plays per team and synergy scouted data to back up the selections. I am a basketball coach for a living and trust me when I say the gameplay is 1000x better and the AI and CPU have never executed so well! I removed 354 broken plays from the game (all tested) which is over 30% of the plays in the game. Eliminate that alone and you get amazing results. 2nd all teams have the correctly assigned play types along with players getting shots in spots that they should be in. No longer will you see Dwight Howard do a Pick N Pop for a 3. LOL! I am not trying to spam the forums mods but just more share the work for those who don't visit the roster forums. If you don't believe me input 2 teams and test for yourself...

My favorite teams and suggestions I might have for testing purposes would be the...

1- Magic
2- Celtics
3- Suns
4- Nets
5- Timberwolves
6- Clippers

Here is a link to the thread in within the roster forums...

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ted-plays.html

Here are the links to the blogs with all the plays for each team with a detailed description of what I did within the project.

Western Conference
http://www.operationsports.com/vannw...nce-version-2/

Eastern Conference
http://www.operationsports.com/vannw...nce-version-2/

I hope you all enjoy!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2012, 07:06 PM   #2
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2k12 Playbook changes...

vannwolfhawk,

1. How long does it take to edit all of those teams?

2. How is this different than the Sim World roster plays?

3. Wednesday the complete list will be done right?

So many options good work though I really like the plays in the Sim World Roster. The only thing is I try to keep the 2K roster when I play against people locally but all the plays are so nice that is hard trying to go back to the 2K roster. Certain shot releases are different etc. but I really like your playbook and I would like to make a 2K version of it. They really need an option of loading just playbooks or something or download rating updates only.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:31 PM   #3
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
vannwolfhawk,

1. How long does it take to edit all of those teams?

2. How is this different than the Sim World roster plays?

3. Wednesday the complete list will be done right?

So many options good work though I really like the plays in the Sim World Roster. The only thing is I try to keep the 2K roster when I play against people locally but all the plays are so nice that is hard trying to go back to the 2K roster. Certain shot releases are different etc. but I really like your playbook and I would like to make a 2K version of it. They really need an option of loading just playbooks or something or download rating updates only.
1 - It takes 20-30 minutes top per team.

2 - SIM WORLD play books are for association factoring in trades and keeping more team default plays in even though they are not that good of plays to keep. These plays are what teams run and are gameplay specific. For example with SIM WORL you will have Celtics with 3-4 isolation plays although not 1 of there players has a iso play type assigned to him, so you lose those 3-4 plays within the playbook as no one can use or call them, BUT on the other end of that if you like association and trades by the CPU then you will at least have those plays at your disposal. I play 30 team association and play with real trades so it doesn't effect me plus I will change play books accordingly if a trade did happen :-)

For the record this is more for PS3 or PC users as quite a few of the rosters on 360 will have a similar version within their play books. Only one 2 that will have them 100% in their rosters though I believe are Tomba & Paul Pierce with these exact and specific version 2 play books..

3 - It will either be done tomorrow (WED) or Thursday at the latest as I have had things going on today.

4 - I agree! I wish they would tie play books into settings somehow so we could use them with any roster!

Last edited by vannwolfhawk; 02-21-2012 at 07:38 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:58 PM   #4
MVP

wrestlinggod1's Arena

OVR: 13

So would you recommend these if we're using the SiM World Roster for quick games?

Go MIAMI Teams!!
Old 02-21-2012, 08:16 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

vannwolfhawk, if i add all these new plays to my teams playbook, will they be erased or set back to default playbooks once theres a new 2k roster?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2012, 08:18 PM   #6
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario_v
vannwolfhawk, if i add all these new plays to my teams playbook, will they be erased or set back to default playbooks once theres a new 2k roster?
Yes, play books are tied in with the rosters.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:34 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Yes, play books are tied in with the rosters.
I enjoy playing playoff tournament game mode. If I change the plays within the playoff game mode will the playbook be set back to default after a new 2k roster? I hope not.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:56 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 2

First of all thanks for your work, great stuff!

Maybe it's just me but I'm having trouble getting the AI to actually use all of the plays in a playbook. Watching the Bulls in Coach Mode right now, and they simply don't run any PnR or ISOs for Rose. Ball movement is great, but there are mostly screen-plays for Rip and Deng everytime.
Have watched quite some games and Rose gets his touches mostly off broken down plays and fast breaks.
Do you have any idea how to make the AI use plays properly?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »