Home

Auto-Contain is worse than legacy defending

This is a discussion on Auto-Contain is worse than legacy defending within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-20-2012, 03:40 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 9
Auto-Contain is worse than legacy defending

Has anyone realise just what this button does.

Auto-block, auto-tackle, auto interception, best defensve position. At least in legacy in fifa 11 all you have to do was play a one two or avoid the tackle and your set and wide open, but with this BS they dont commit they just stop you from advancing in any footballing way possible.

I cant believe they thought this was a good idea. I thought this year was all about your defensive ability against your opponents offensive ability but this auto elite defence button gives me cancer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2012, 11:10 AM   #2
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Auto-Contain is worse than legacy defending

I like the idea of the new defensive system/controls, but I dont think they implemented it right. I just use the legacy controls instead.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:15 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
All auto contain does is auto contain, aka the best defensive position against on ball offensive player. I use it online as a precaution against certain people, but it most certainly doesn't automatically tackle and intercept or do anything except contain.

Its a little cheap at times, but you would get owned online if you only used auto contain

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

My Youtube Channel, I will be uploading almost exclusively sports gaming vids, along with other general gaming content. I'd appreciate any subs or contributions you guys want to give :D
Old 02-24-2012, 10:48 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BashFlang
All auto contain does is auto contain, aka the best defensive position against on ball offensive player. I use it online as a precaution against certain people, but it most certainly doesn't automatically tackle and intercept or do anything except contain.

Its a little cheap at times, but you would get owned online if you only used auto contain

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
Exactly, and nowhere near as cheap as holding down the "press" keys in legacy.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:35 PM   #5
Rookie

FLaSwagg813's Arena

OVR: 0

auto contain isn't broken... what is broken online is the fatigue setting the sprint setting and allowing custom tactics online... custom tactics ruined online ranked just like custom play books in ncaa 12 online...

the defensive auto double tactic in combination with the auto contain AND the impact engine fail. plus the refs are terrible. on defense I've seen them defenders get turned and react and close a spot quicker than the player with ball can react.Ive done and its been done to me. theres no holes when somebody can sprint double contain and slide tackle all game without fatigue being a factor or the referees ... EA just needs to tweak it

there should be a penalty for committing to full press ALL GAME . but there aint ... it can be beaten but it really hurts the game. fifa 12 is a great game especially offline with sliders but online is arcade caricature of the sport it portrays ... just like every other EA sports game online...

limiting custom tactics to the presets only online would eliminate the cheap feeling you're speaking of

Last edited by FLaSwagg813; 02-29-2012 at 03:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »