Home

The Greatest Online Finish in 2k history?

This is a discussion on The Greatest Online Finish in 2k history? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-20-2012, 12:54 AM   #1
MVP

RyanLaFalce's Arena

OVR: 0
The Greatest Online Finish in 2k history?

If it is, I am glad to be apart of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2012, 01:49 AM   #2
Banned

Fly3's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: The Greatest Online Finish in 2k history?

Clippers user has no idea how to play with a lead. Wow.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:23 AM   #3
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

No plays called...no defense...good ending!
Old 02-20-2012, 02:49 AM   #4
Rookie

CerebrumMusica's Arena

OVR: 7

I don't normally spend any time commenting on things like this when I don't have anything constructive to say, but here it goes...

The title of this thread should read, "The two worst 2k basketball players battle in the cheesiest, most repetitive game of all time".

I am sorry, but neither of you know anything about basketball other than the team with the most points wins at the end.

For those of you that didn't watch, here is a summary.

Inbound, dribble, turbo, shoot three...smash steal button, get turnover, shoot again, smash steal button, alley oop, smash some more steal button, shoot immediately, don't pass the ball EVER, just shoot...etc...

There was no more than one pass per possession. How is that great?

I wouldn't have wasted time responding if this wasn't something that affected me AND the sim community directly. We get punished for players playing like this because online takes precedent over offline nowadays, and they change/cater the game to suppress people from playing stupid smash buttons type of basketball, while they could focus on other things. Ever heard of a pick and roll? I almost feel bad for you because this game has so much to offer that you will never recognize (running real plays, court spacing, passing to create shots, POST GAME, defense, etc), yet you chose to do the same thing every play, and that's exactly why I will never play online.

So, since your thread title has a question mark, my answer is no...that was not the greatest online finish in 2k history, it was one of the worst.

Last edited by CerebrumMusica; 02-20-2012 at 02:52 AM.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:16 AM   #5
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebrumMusica
I don't normally spend any time commenting on things like this when I don't have anything constructive to say, but here it goes...

The title of this thread should read, "The two worst 2k basketball players battle in the cheesiest, most repetitive game of all time".

I am sorry, but neither of you know anything about basketball other than the team with the most points wins at the end.

Inbound, dribble, turbo, shoot three...smash steal button, get turnover, shoot again, smash steal button, alley oop, smash some more steal button, shoot immediately, don't pass the ball EVER, just shoot...etc...

I wouldn't have wasted time responding if this wasn't something that affected me AND the sim community directly. We get punished for players playing like this because online takes precedent over offline nowadays, and they change/cater the game to suppress people from playing stupid smash buttons type of basketball, while they could focus on other things. Ever heard of a pick and roll? I almost feel bad for you because this game has so much to offer that you will never recognize (running real plays, court spacing, passing to create shots, POST GAME, defense, etc), yet you chose to do the same thing every play, and that's exactly why I will never play online.

So, since your thread title has a question mark, my answer is no...that was not the greatest online finish in 2k history, it was one of the worst.

Tell him how you really feel lol!

Yeah, that was more like an Charity All-Star game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2012, 03:22 AM   #6
Rookie

CerebrumMusica's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Tell him how you really feel lol!

Yeah, that was more like an Charity All-Star game.
I'd be in real trouble if I did that ;0

Honestly, I mean no disrespect to the OP, but he asked for an opinion, and I gave him mine, respectfully, I believe.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:52 AM   #7
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Online in sports games = fail.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:08 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebrumMusica

Thanks for saving my time, exactly what I was about to write. This video made me sick and reminded me once again why I don't play online, people just don't know anything about basketball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »