Home

Training Sessions

This is a discussion on Training Sessions within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-16-2012, 04:40 PM   #1
Rookie

Niekro4President's Arena

OVR: 1
Training Sessions

Anyone having trouble with these? Seems to be there's a combination of factors that contribute to my failures.

For one on the heavy bag, I don't see the green highlighted area to strike so I never get my bar above the first section. I don't own a HDTV, so I'm hoping this isn't just an equipment issue.

For two, the clock seems to move insanely fast, like faster than the match clock and it's a shorter time, so 2 minutes is literally done in like 45 seconds.

Thirdly, there seems to not be enough instruction as to exactly what needs to be done in order to get a full score.

Any other tips/comments/suggestions? Loving the game so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2012, 06:28 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Training Sessions

Yeah I'm having problems with them as well. I'm using amateur control scheme cause I'm new to the game. I go to the tire flip session and find out you can only use the pro scheme. Makes sense once I saw what it entailed but needless to say I didn't do to well on it. Focus mitts I sucked at as well.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:41 PM   #3
MVP

hogfan's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsantos_5
Yeah I'm having problems with them as well. I'm using amateur control scheme cause I'm new to the game. I go to the tire flip session and find out you can only use the pro scheme. Makes sense once I saw what it entailed but needless to say I didn't do to well on it. Focus mitts I sucked at as well.
Having trouble with several as well. Focus Mitts in particular.

Also Game Planning. Is there a connection between the success of the sparring session and what transpires in the actual fight.

Ive only been successful with game planning once and it only boosted certain attributes a little. Seems like sticking with training is the way to go as far as i can see... but i may be missing something.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:30 PM   #4
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

OVR: 8

There is definitely a lack of directions. My first training session I completed was the punching bag and I got four stars on it, ive yet to get four stars on any drill sense including the punching bag and im ten fights in to my career.

I usually get 2 or 3 stars on most drills, my most difficult so far was the tire drill. My difficulty has come from setting up my position by using the transition animation to flip the tire.

The OP said he was having difficulty seeing the green on the punching bag, i haven't had that problem at all, its vibrant and clear to me, maybe it is your TV.

After enough attempts of the drills ill start to get the hang of it, practice makes perfect.

Last edited by Benz87; 02-16-2012 at 09:35 PM.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:40 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

I get atleast 3 stars on every drill but the focus mitts. I suck horribly at that drill.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2012, 09:54 PM   #6
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17

The heavy bag one, where the meter is ontop of the green squares. Real nice plan
Old 02-17-2012, 04:29 AM   #7
nWo
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've gotten four stars on a drill only once thus far. Usually, I get two or three stars.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:55 PM   #8
Rookie

Tribe1's Arena

OVR: 5
I suck so bad at them I get better scores if I just selected auto

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »