Home

MLB 2K12 - COMMUNITY ROSTER EFFORT?

This is a discussion on MLB 2K12 - COMMUNITY ROSTER EFFORT? within the MLB 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-13-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
MLB 2K12 - COMMUNITY ROSTER EFFORT?

Go to 2K Share for latest file!!!

mkharsh33 Pre-Season v4.0 3-21-12

OFFLINE .ROS LINK:

http://www.mediafire.com/?387tdegebvx2bvn

- - - - -

Status report of exactly what I have on MY roster (22 TEAMS WITH AAA ROSTERS - NOTED IN BOLD) - FRIDAY, March 30 at 1:20 AM:

Angels: AAA batters & pitchers
Astros: AAA batters & pitchers … few AA batters ... 1 AA pitching prospect
Athletics: AAA batters & Pitchers
Blue Jays: NEED AAA BATTERS … AAA pitchers … few AA pitchers
Braves: NEED AAA BATTERSNEED AAA PITCHERS
Brewers: AAA batters … NEED AAA PITCHERS
Cardinals: AAA batters … NEED AAA PITCHERS
Cubs: AAA batters & pitchers … 1 AA batting prospect
Diamondbacks: NEED AAA BATTERS … AAA pitchers
Dodgers: AAA batters & pitchers
Giants: AAA batters & pitchers
Indians: AAA batters & pitchers … few AA batters & pitchers
Mariners: AAA batters & pitchers
Marlins: NEED AAA BATTERSNEED AAA PITCHERS
Mets: AAA batters & pitchers … 1 AA pitching prospect
Nationals: AAA batters & pitchers … AA batter
Orioles: AAA batters & pitchers … some AA batters & AA pitchers
Padres: NEED AAA BATTERSNEED AAA PITCHERS
Phillies: AAA batters & pitchers
Pirates: AAA batters & pitchers … some AA batters & pitchers
Rangers: AAA batters & pitchers
Rays: AAA batters & pitchers
Red Sox: AAA batters & pitchers … few AA batters & pitchers
Reds: AAA batters & pitchers
Rockies: AAA batters & pitchers
Royals: NEED AAA BATTERSNEED AAA PITCHERS
Tigers: AAA batters & pitchers
Twins: AAA batters & pitchers … some AA batters & pitchers
White Sox: AAA batters & pitchers
Yankees: AAA batters & pitchers … few AA batters & pitchers

Last edited by mkharsh33; 03-30-2012 at 01:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2012, 12:10 PM   #2
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: MLB 2K12 - COMMUNITY ROSTER EFFORT?

I was planning to work on an edit for MLB 2k12 for 360 , but have no clue what might need fixing just yet and have no clue if the editing player interface has changed or added new things.

2 years ago MLB needed a speed and catching edit etc. Those issues should no longer be present so a ratings and appearance edit might be again in order.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:33 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
I was planning to work on an edit for MLB 2k12 for 360 , but have no clue what might need fixing just yet and have no clue if the editing player interface has changed or added new things.

2 years ago MLB needed a speed and catching edit etc. Those issues should no longer be present so a ratings and appearance edit might be again in order.
You might want to do yours separately. You have always combined BOTH rosters and sliders together, and make changes to yours that many don't based upon the visuals/animations you are striving to achieve. Also, I want to keep up with transactions more quickly, as well as getting as many of the minor league players put in as possible (the top 250 MLB prospects would be awesome to add).

The only issue we don't know is how MANY roster edits (ie: minor leaguers) for NAMES can we get??

Again, I respect your work... But I don't think how you do yours is conducive to a "community" effort as there are certain attribute AND slider tweaks that are unique to your work. Make sense?
Old 02-13-2012, 11:31 PM   #4
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

How would a community roster work for 2K? I know in The Show that one person can work on a team (or more, depending on how much work they want to do) and then the "lead" editor can import that work onto his roster. Does it work the same way here?
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 02-14-2012, 02:27 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
How would a community roster work for 2K? I know in The Show that one person can work on a team (or more, depending on how much work they want to do) and then the "lead" editor can import that work onto his roster. Does it work the same way here?
it would more or less be coordinating who does what and when they do it and transferring the file your working on between each other over 2kshare.

like player1 does all the fielder edits, loads that file to 2kshare, then player2 downloads, does all the pitching edits, etc.

and for what its worth i'd be down to help with a community roster. i know we had some slight disagreements in the old roster file and i can kinda see how i came across wrong which snowballed into nothing productive. but as far as track record concerns the edits i mentioned in the roster thread last year and literally all the stance/delivery edits me and philliesfan136 made it into the 2k official roster (which could be good or bad with some of the moves they make haha) but i couldn't have been that far off. so just extending the offer, and i'd be willing to do much more than just the phillies obviously but i have a feeling that me trying to get them across so much previously that it seemed like my opinions were biased. but i love doing stance/delivery/rating/tendency edits i cant create a person for the life of me though

Last edited by duhitsrandy; 02-14-2012 at 03:18 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2012, 08:16 AM   #6
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
You might want to do yours separately. You have always combined BOTH rosters and sliders together, and make changes to yours that many don't based upon the visuals/animations you are striving to achieve. Also, I want to keep up with transactions more quickly, as well as getting as many of the minor league players put in as possible (the top 250 MLB prospects would be awesome to add).

The only issue we don't know is how MANY roster edits (ie: minor leaguers) for NAMES can we get??

Again, I respect your work... But I don't think how you do yours is conducive to a "community" effort as there are certain attribute AND slider tweaks that are unique to your work. Make sense?
If there's a way to share CAP work, that could be an option as well.

But again have no clue how 2Kshare or even then the create a player interface night look?

I would hope it would incorporate gthe same aesthetics as NBA 2K12?

But again we don have the game yet, to know
Old 02-15-2012, 06:51 AM   #7
Rookie

ozeman's Arena

OVR: 2

IM in if we can make it work properly.
I like everyone else think we have to wait see what edit functionality we have to work with in 2K12.

cheers
Old 02-16-2012, 02:32 PM   #8
Rookie

randogu's Arena

OVR: 5

Pretty sure I have myself convinced to grab the 2k Combo Pack, so I'd be happy to help where needed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Rosters »