Home

A pipe dream for 2k12

This is a discussion on A pipe dream for 2k12 within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 06:38 AM   #1

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11
A pipe dream for 2k12

Basically, I've got a couple friends and I working on an install-game mod for 2k8, that would fix some of the issues in the game, and would also serve as an unofficial update for the game. Seeing as how programming is all of our day jobs, we figure this shouldn't be much more than a month or two of programming. This would not require a modded xbox, we plan on releasing it for free(by donation, obv) what it would be is a file you download, burn to a dvd and then install to your hard drive, it uses the same fetch files as the installed ch2k8, or so our preliminary tests have shown.(So far through monkeying around we got a crude 2k12 logo to replace most instances of the 2k8 logo.

I'm here to ask for help, since this is an independent project, we don't have the resources or the time to do every team, we're not looking for ratings or anything, what we want is graphical updates to uniforms. If we can figure that out we have a guy who can probably program them in... So if anyone can compile a list of uniforms that have changed, also coaching changes would be helpful, but are unnecessary, because we plan on changing the coaching attributes anyway. Also, hopefully we can find out how to change the files.

This is an obvious pipe dream, so I'm not asking for your faith, or your belief in the efforts, just for help.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:32 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: A pipe dream for 2k12

Wow, I must admit, this project sounds pretty cool, but are you just planning to update uniforms? What other features (beside the logo change) will be implemented if this project is to move forward? Can we have some examples of possible issues that can or will be fixed? Just a suggestion, if someone is to update the uniforms, do you think it's possible to adjust the spacing of the courts? I believe the 3 point line has been extended since the release of 2k8 (on top of that, 2k8's college 3-point line is still a little too small for back then, too, imo). Good luck with the project and keep us updated. Hopefully we'll see more posts and interest accumulate as the next few days come to pass.

Last edited by strobox88; 02-09-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:39 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Wow...this would be amazing if you guys could pull this off. One thing that would need to happen is move teams that are going to different conferences next year. For Example, Pitt and Cuse going to the ACC.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:03 PM   #4
MVP

VandyRedskins21's Arena

OVR: 18

Do you want us to PM you the uniform changes of teams or just post the thread here? And good luck with this that would be awesome if you pull this off!
Old 02-12-2012, 08:48 AM   #5

Suntan Superman's Arena

Basically a compiled list not unlike the one's found in NCAA Football forums (Uniform Updates 4.0)
Old 02-20-2012, 12:01 PM   #6
Rookie

Any updates on this project?
Old 02-23-2012, 02:33 AM   #7

Suntan Superman's Arena

Right now we're doing the realignment of conferences and trying to reflect all changes, as well as getting an accurate conference scheduling matrix. One thing we did successfully is remove the original non-conference limit from only two games after conference play starts to after Jan 1st two NC games can be scheduled. This effected Horizon League players. I'm working on trying to find the spacing params to change the 3pt line but I don't have high hopes as every court would need updating as well.

One cool thing we are working on is a 2k11/12 draft export tool. Not sure if it'll work though still looking for help tracking unit updates
Old 02-23-2012, 02:32 PM   #8
Rookie

Certainly looks to have kicked off since the creation of this thread.

It would be cool if you guys found some way to extend the line, but now that I look back at what I suggested, I would say to forget about it and focus on your original vision for the project (if only to prevent delays or work overload). I would be fine with just getting updated uniforms.

There is, however, one question I do have that is one of importance: Assuming you guys accomplish your goal for successfully creating an update for this game, would the update apply to both PS3 and Xbox 360 versions, or would it be exclusive to the Xbox 360 version?

Last edited by strobox88; 02-23-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »