Home

Unique ways to get deeper into dynasties?

This is a discussion on Unique ways to get deeper into dynasties? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-04-2012, 09:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Unique ways to get deeper into dynasties?

Ok, so what I'm trying to get at is how often do you guys sim games in order to get deeper into your dynasties. This past year I played a full 162 game season with my Cubs but I couldn't handle going forward after playing every single game. I'm looking for something a little more reasonable this year so I can feel directly involved, but still get several years deep into my dynasty. I was thinking about playing every third game, but that still only gets me 3 years deep based on how many games I played last year. It's a new year and I need a new plan of attack...thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2012, 09:32 PM   #2
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Unique ways to get deeper into dynasties?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiser66
Ok, so what I'm trying to get at is how often do you guys sim games in order to get deeper into your dynasties. This past year I played a full 162 game season with my Cubs but I couldn't handle going forward after playing every single game. I'm looking for something a little more reasonable this year so I can feel directly involved, but still get several years deep into my dynasty. I was thinking about playing every third game, but that still only gets me 3 years deep based on how many games I played last year. It's a new year and I need a new plan of attack...thoughts?
I play every 6th game. I like it because it limits the influence I have on the season (making it important to get good players), and I get to pitch with every one of my starters in the rotation. I got through 5 years of one dynasty and 2 years of another before I traded the game in.

Watch me play video games
Old 02-04-2012, 09:34 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3

I wish they had an option for a shortened season... Like maybe 81 games instead of 162.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #4
Rookie

Jetfire's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't know how to reply to this thread, I do think if you play every third game it would result in maybe 6 Years deeper because you won't get sick of the same team. On the other hand what I personally can't sim any game endless I have already / about to clinch or out of the race it kills me when I sim games and ether I loose in a absolute ridiculous way or B. Injures I need injures on but can't stand people getting hurt when I sim. But for the what you want to do and the amount of time you have I would play every three games and see how you like it.

Current Series
Portland Snowhakws: A Dynasty Born l
Old 02-04-2012, 09:41 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHammer19
I wish they had an option for a shortened season... Like maybe 81 games instead of 162.
I'm pretty sure this is an option in the game. I don't use it because I like using the official MLB schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baughn3
I play every 6th game. I like it because it limits the influence I have on the season (making it important to get good players), and I get to pitch with every one of my starters in the rotation. I got through 5 years of one dynasty and 2 years of another before I traded the game in.
Every 6th game might be doable...the only problem there would be I love playing in all the away stadiums. I'm not sure if I could commit to missing out on some of those road series' entirely.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2012, 09:51 PM   #6
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

I often play(manage) one game a series, unless it's a very interesting match up or a tight division/wildcard race.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-04-2012, 09:53 PM   #7
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiser66
Every 6th game might be doable...the only problem there would be I love playing in all the away stadiums. I'm not sure if I could commit to missing out on some of those road series' entirely.
I do the every sixth start, but I don't make it concrete because I too like some of the stadiums. I'll usually play in between the six starts if the Rangers play at Fenway, Kauffman, and Oakland (believe it or not, I like the huge foul ground). Maybe that would be something to try.

Old 02-04-2012, 10:07 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

i play every 3rd game at home, and FF the first 3 innings on the road games, thats the only way i can get through 5 seasons

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »