Home

My Player is just too hard this year

This is a discussion on My Player is just too hard this year within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-29-2012, 03:52 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
My Player is just too hard this year

I know alot of people will disagree with me, but it takes way too long to get your my player to be good. i'm 50 games into my first season and my player is still a 64 overall. Maybe that is realistic, but it is impractical. Guess what? Not everyone has time to take their player through 10 seasons.
Next year they should have different starting points for my player: hardcore, medium, and casual. hardcore is this year, maybe even a little bit harder. Medium is with the player starting out at around 65-70 and easier to progress. Casual is starting at a 75 overall and easier to progress than medium (basically your net KD/Lebron in the league).
This isnt a wishlist thread by the way, it is just an alternative.
Thoughts? Do you think My Player is too hard or do you like the difficulty level?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2012, 03:56 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: My Player is just too hard this year

You know, if your goal is to raise OVR, just focus on offensive / defensive awareness and your player won't be 64 overall, more like 70 - 75 overall in the middle of the season.

I wouldn't do that, as i would focus on the attributes that count in game.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:04 PM   #3
Don't Kill My Vibe

Paul Pierce_OS's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGKing
You know, if your goal is to raise OVR, just focus on offensive / defensive awareness and your player won't be 64 overall, more like 70 - 75 overall in the middle of the season.

I wouldn't do that, as i would focus on the attributes that count in game.
OGKing, I think he means it takes a long time for your player to get playing time. I agree with him, I stoped playing myplayer back in 2K11 it just took to much time to get playing time. Then, I look in the real NBA and I see players like Kyrie their first game having 24 min, While in 2k I'm getting 5.

Twitter: @__JonathanLucas
Old 01-29-2012, 04:20 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I just started my second MyPlayer last night, a 7'1" PF, who started out as a 61 with 12 minutes per game. After playing 5 games I already have him up to a 64 getting 22 minutes per game, and I haven't even been putting up numbers...just A+ grades.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:39 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0

i disagree with this ..its easy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2012, 04:42 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosnian19
i disagree with this ..its easy
Sure its easy... If you create a 7'6 center or take the shot every single possesion
Old 01-29-2012, 04:43 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Pierce
OGKing, I think he means it takes a long time for your player to get playing time. I agree with him, I stoped playing myplayer back in 2K11 it just took to much time to get playing time. Then, I look in the real NBA and I see players like Kyrie their first game having 24 min, While in 2k I'm getting 5.
Yup. I try to play the game realistically but you cant start unless you have numbers and you cant have good numbers unless you take the shot every possesion with no PT
Old 01-29-2012, 04:53 PM   #8
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

I think it's hard because this is the first NBA 2k game I've played since '09 I think so I'm getting used to the controls and gameplay. I'm having no problems getting minutes. I actually think I'm getting too many minutes right now. I'm about 25 games in and my player got 30 minutes last game (I play on 12 minute quarters.)

My rating is 64 right now, at the end of the season I should be at least 70.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »