Home

General Slider advice

This is a discussion on General Slider advice within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-26-2012, 05:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
General Slider advice

I just signed up on this forum, was completely unaware of it until I started looking into the downloads and features on 2K12 and I read many of your comments about operationsports.com. I've read through a couple different posts and comments from different Gamertags that I recognized from the sliders download list.

I think as my first post I might have a little bit of rant but I will try and restrain myself because actually 2K12 is one of the better sports games I've played and I've played NFL and NBA games every year, every season since like 2000. I think my issues are related to the sliders, however, which is where I would like some general advice, as I think I'm going to have to create my own sliders.

First things first, the only mode I play with 2K11 and 2K12 is "My Player." I would have to think even though I'm on player lock the sliders will still matter. I also play 10 or 12 min quarter and I usually play on Pro. What frustrates me most is not the defense it is the lack of realistic basketball moves and realistic stats as "My Player" has to do everything which means scoring 40 or 50 before I can actually win games and that is on Pro.

For instance, when I throw a court-long chest past to an open receiver he does that stupid one handed bobble catch and it either causes him to go out of bounds or the opposite team to pick up the ball, either way it is a turnonver. In addition, what pisses me off is underneath the basket every thing is a miss or a foul or blocked shot. I think the real NBA is very physical and there is a lot of free throw shots, however, when NBA freaks get that close to the hoop they seldom miss, unless its a foul. In addition, I noticed there is a lack of shooting mid-range shots and the CPU pulling the trigger when open or losely guarded, every single possession from the CPU or My User team takes the shot clock to 1 second, that rarely happens in the NBA its one pass and shoot or dribble and pull up, unless, however, its the end of the game. I also would like to use real player % and consistencies, however, for me when my shot timing and release is spot on, I think that as an NBA player who is open and without a hand in their face, 8 or 9 out of 10 times it goes in. LeBron, Kobe, Durant, Rose, will make the shots regardless of a defender in their face, I understand that, but when other NBA players make cuts (which never happens and if it does the ball isn't passed to that player, which I think is a lack of awareness during gameplay) or come off screens and set up and are open the shot should be made, I see it some times during gameplay but only on Pro difficulty and Default with Shot timing enabled.

I'm not sure if it is the fact that I am on Pro and playing on Simulation, that I see these issues, but I did try to play a game on All-star and I just could not get one shot to fall even though, like I said I was open, no hand in my face, or coming off screens or making cuts. It just seems like I can't have the best of both world, as I either make every shot and kill the opposing team or I make nothing and lose by 30.

One last thing is I use the X button to shoot (Xbox 360) rather than the shot stick, I use that only for lay-ups and Dunks.

Sorry for the length, just have a lot on my mind about the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2012, 05:05 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: General Slider advice

Also is there anyway to save my settings outside of my loaded "My Player" game in order to apply it to my already saved file?
Old 01-26-2012, 07:46 PM   #3
Rookie

I also want to know if there is anyway to bring the close out feature back, for instance when you go down on the block to help defense and then go back to your man to block the shot if you hit the Y button or triangle button on PS3 will the player animate and close out like they used to do on 2k11?

It does it like every once in a while but the majority of the time when I hit the Y button my player will just hop to block the shot about 8 feet away from the player who now has a wide open shot and makes it everytime
Old 01-28-2012, 01:54 AM   #4
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIZZnice
I also want to know if there is anyway to bring the close out feature back, for instance when you go down on the block to help defense and then go back to your man to block the shot if you hit the Y button or triangle button on PS3 will the player animate and close out like they used to do on 2k11?

It does it like every once in a while but the majority of the time when I hit the Y button my player will just hop to block the shot about 8 feet away from the player who now has a wide open shot and makes it everytime
use the right stick to put your hand up and run towards the shooter. its not very effective btw, but thats how u do it.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:49 AM   #5
Rookie

Alright thanks man I'll give it a try, Hopefully one of the sliders guys game comment about slider advice
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »