Home

Player animations and movement....

This is a discussion on Player animations and movement.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-22-2012, 11:39 AM   #1
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7
Player animations and movement....

Guess I'm looking for an answer that I've never asked before and really have never seen asked. Could be wrong.

So here goes and bare with me because I don't understand anything about computer sports programming.

Okay, why does Madden and NCAA football games appear to have alot of the same player movement and player animations on the PS3 and XBOX360 that were on last gen consoles?

The engines and programs aren't the same are they? To me it's just a little more polished and prettier looking.

Thanks, and by the way with some rating tweaks and solid sliders this game plays pretty well and I'm enjoying '12.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2012, 01:26 PM   #2
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Player animations and movement....

I assume because EA feels that there is no reason to re-write base code for aspects of the game they already have "right".

Why put hundreds of man-hours into getting running back animations correct for example, if they looked correct on PS2 and you can simply clean up the graphics and make the animation smoother.

On a 1 year development cycle there is simply no time to re-write the game from the ground up, and honestly it wouldn't be a good thing anyway because you would be throwing away everything you learned in previous editions.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:32 PM   #3
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandetta
Why put hundreds of man-hours into getting running back animations correct for example, if they looked correct on PS2 and you can simply clean up the graphics and make the animation smoother.
Why? Cause every year they still ask us for 60$! I mean I understand that you don't need to change it everyear but when they ask for 60$ every time and dont really give you anything new, they could have at least changed them one time when upgrading to the new gen.

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Check out my 6-League NYC Universe Chise in the Discord and my YouTube!
Denny 3K Gaming

Old 01-24-2012, 01:01 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan77
Guess I'm looking for an answer that I've never asked before and really have never seen asked. Could be wrong.

So here goes and bare with me because I don't understand anything about computer sports programming.

Okay, why does Madden and NCAA football games appear to have alot of the same player movement and player animations on the PS3 and XBOX360 that were on last gen consoles?

The engines and programs aren't the same are they? To me it's just a little more polished and prettier looking.

Thanks, and by the way with some rating tweaks and solid sliders this game plays pretty well and I'm enjoying '12.
Is this a serious question man? I think everyone knows the player movement is completely different current gen. Heft and weight have been entirely removed. I think you already know that.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:18 PM   #5
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighCmpPct
Why? Cause every year they still ask us for 60$! I mean I understand that you don't need to change it everyear but when they ask for 60$ every time and dont really give you anything new, they could have at least changed them one time when upgrading to the new gen.
Ok, don't bicker with me as though I was presenting an argument - I'm simply giving an answer to the question "why?", not my opinion as such.

If EA feels they have something correct already, of course they won't change much - that is just wasted time. Clearly the game will improve, but aspects they have relatively correct in their eyes will probably be last of the list. Common sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2012, 08:30 PM   #6
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim Easy
Is this a serious question man? I think everyone knows the player movement is completely different current gen. Heft and weight have been entirely removed. I think you already know that.
C'mon brother, I was asking a question. I clearly stated I didn't know a single thing about computer programming and wanted to know the difference between the two programs and engines that were used during two different game console generations. What you stated has to do with what exactly? Other than trying to make me look stupid.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:45 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0

Frankly this is where they have it right unlike EA does in basketball were they tried to reinvent the wheel every year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »