Home

who going to try the million-dollar competition'!!!

This is a discussion on who going to try the million-dollar competition'!!! within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-19-2012, 07:19 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
who going to try the million-dollar competition'!!!

Who all going to try the million-dollar competition?????? I think am going to this year,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2012, 09:31 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: who going to try the million-dollar competition'!!!

Good luck to you! I am thinking about trying for it too, but my job may get into the way of trying for it.

Since my job for Mon, Wed and Fri is generally 6am-6pm, I will have to wait until I clockout from work. Tuesdays, Thurdays, and Sundays are my normal off days, I can stay up a little later to make good attempts.

Piece of advise for though. I have read some reviews that this year the batters you faced can remember pitches, so try to switch it up a bit to keep off balance and guessing.

MLB 2K On Fox
Old 01-19-2012, 10:31 PM   #3
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Technically, if you play the game, you're competing.

This year they don't have any sort of parameters, except gameplay options/settings, which will nullify you from being a part of the contest. In short, if you play and throw a perfect game, you're eligible.

Of course, there will be some people who will continually restart their game until they actually throw it, so if that's the kind of person you're looking for, I definitely won't be in that camp. That's no way to enjoy a game.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-19-2012, 11:52 PM   #4
Rookie

Nah, not me, I don't need a million dollars
Old 01-20-2012, 03:55 AM   #5
Banned

not me when i get it im going into a quick game play a few innings hop into my player or franchise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2012, 10:33 AM   #6
Banned

No read THE GAMER and read bout it, it's nothing like the last couple years, And YES they are a MODE just to play, if you going to do it......

First off, it's no longer the first person who throws a verified perfect game that takes home all the loot. For "MLB 2K12," the competition to throw a perfect game will last from April 3 through April 30, with the top eight perfect game performances being ranked on an overall leaderboard based on difficulty. Gamers will earn points depending on the pitcher who throws the perfect game (earn more with Barry Zito than say, cover athlete Justin Verlander), as well as the team you throw the perfect game against (blanking the Yankees lineup will score higher than blanking the Astros).

When the top eight performances are ranked, those gamers will then be flown to New York for a single-elimination tournament where the player who emerges victorious takes home the million bucks.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:36 AM   #7
Banned

So they changed it all together, no more video taping your game, they keep up with it on a Leader-board, so thats nice......Just good luck to anyone that does do it,

I really like seeing a GAMER get a change to win something BIG'!!!!!
Old 01-21-2012, 01:02 AM   #8
MVP

myghty's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Technically, if you play the game, you're competing.

This year they don't have any sort of parameters, except gameplay options/settings, which will nullify you from being a part of the contest. In short, if you play and throw a perfect game, you're eligible.

Of course, there will be some people who will continually restart their game until they actually throw it, so if that's the kind of person you're looking for, I definitely won't be in that camp. That's no way to enjoy a game.
Maybe not but if you're fortune it enough to win I think those million will sooth you to sleep.

PS5/PSN: myghty

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »