Home

Old 01-17-2012, 11:10 PM   #1
Resident Scout

ksig24's Arena

OVR: 20
Pitching

I would like to get an idea of what people in the community think about the pitching in this game? I have recently been tinkering around with the "other" game and I am really enjoying the pitching "over there."

I make it known that I play on a challenging level and use custom sliders, but in manual games while pitching I have terrible strikeout rates. In contrast, the "other" game I can fire it up and whiff as few as zero or one and average five to six with sky being the limit with ANYONE. I really like the way the ball movement exudes realism, not to say that our staple doesnt.

This being said, I can be on like Donkey Kong with any of the top tier starters in the game, but be lucky to rack up noteworthy strikeout numbers with any regularity. I rarely have a hitter in the hole chase a nasty out pitch. Does this pertain to sliders?

Does anyone know if the ball movement in off-speed pitches has been improved in this years rendition of the Show?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2012, 11:52 PM   #2
Rookie

careLOS's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Pitching

My strikeout rate in this game is not bad. But I believe that the CPU is way too patient on two strike counts and specifically on curveballs. Also, I don't know if this is just me, but the CPU is way too easy to strikeout with fastballs up and in. I'd say seven out ten times I throw a fastball up and in with two strikes I get a strikeout.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:06 AM   #3
Resident Scout

ksig24's Arena

You are totally right, but who wants to use the high and in heat 7/10 times? I love to mix it up and pitch! I have zero perfect games and zero no hitters in my career playing this game.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:10 AM   #4
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Does saying "other" make it any different? LOL it's 2K, it's not like we're talking about Lord Voldemort.

Did you get my slider set yet, ksig? If you'd like, I can still make a new thread for them, see if you can work with them at all. I normally find myself getting between 4 - 8 strikeouts a game pitching.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 01-18-2012 at 12:16 AM.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:15 AM   #5
Rookie

careLOS's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksig24
You are totally right, but who wants to use the high and in heat 7/10 times? I love to mix it up and pitch! I have zero perfect games and zero no hitters in my career playing this game.
No what I meant was, if I throw that pitch ten times, the CPU will usually strikeout about seven times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2012, 12:16 AM   #6
Resident Scout

ksig24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Does quoting "other" make it any different? LOL it's 2K, it's not like we're talking about Lord Voldemort.

Did you get my slider set yet? If you'd like, I can still make a new thread for them, see if you can work with them at all. I normally find myself getting between 4 - 8 strikeouts a game pitching.
Who the hell is Lord Voldemort? Is that some sort of Warcraft reference or whatever you call it?

I think Authentic posted it on the SC, but I have yet to download them. I have been busy covering HS ball locally.

I would love to check em out for sure....and yeah, I was referring to 2K, but I wasnt sure if there was some rule I wasnt aware of in regards to talking about it!
Old 01-18-2012, 12:21 AM   #7
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksig24
Who the hell is Lord Voldemort? Is that some sort of Warcraft reference or whatever you call it?

I think Authentic posted it on the SC, but I have yet to download them. I have been busy covering HS ball locally.

I would love to check em out for sure....and yeah, I was referring to 2K, but I wasnt sure if there was some rule I wasnt aware of in regards to talking about it!
You shouldn't make game comparisons that would ignite a war. You made a statement about the game's pitching to relate to a positive experience you've had in an identical aspect for a different game to help strengthen the point of your topic post. I don't think there is much problem with that, whether you say its name or not. Saying "other game" narrow's down what you're talking about just as much.

I'll be sure to post all of my settings anyway, not just sliders. Obviously everybody plays the game differently, but this might at least help you with your pitching woes.

P.S. Voldemort is from Harry Potter, and is a threatening villain whose name they are not supposed to speak of at Hogwarts.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 01-18-2012 at 02:44 AM.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:33 AM   #8
Resident Scout

ksig24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by careLOS
No what I meant was, if I throw that pitch ten times, the CPU will usually strikeout about seven times.
I completely understood what you were saying. I was saying that I can do that too, but where is the realism in high heat 7/10 times for K's? I want variety and nasty movement on my out pitches that deceive hitters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »