Home

(( '13 First QTR Review ))

This is a discussion on (( '13 First QTR Review )) within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-16-2012, 04:21 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
(( '13 First QTR Review ))

I sit here and I look back at my '13 preseason predictions and I gotta say...I was high on some crystal meth with some picks and right on the money with others. QB Tom Brady has been destroying the league in the early stages with proficient passing...HB CJ2K has been running circles around opposing defenses and once again an offseason of "Is Tony Gonzalez done?" and now he's leading the league in yards and receptions.

I got one thing to say about this...

*yawn*

In a year where there was hope that there would be new contenders and past champs would fall we see the usual suspects atop their divisions with a few new teams in the mix. The 49ers and their destructive defense and the emergence of rookie WR Tyrell Coleman over in New York has these two teams looking on top of their divisions but for how long will this last? I say both of them fall with the 49ers with the best chance to keep their division lead. But without further ado let's get into the first qtr review.

FRONT RUNNERS

Offensive Rookie of the Year

TE Stephen Cole, OAK
18 Rec 333 Yds 1 TD

Did anyone honestly see this coming? (pause) The rookie from Nevada has been sensational this year as he leads his team in receptions, yards, and has a YAC of 72 and is averaging 18 yards a catch. This against 2 of the top rated defenses you could face in the AFC (Baltimore & Kansas City). What makes this rookie really stand out is that he leads all rookie pass catches in receiving yards..not just TEs. He has the lead but barely over WR Tyrell Coleman from NYG.

Honorable Mentions: WR Tyrell Coleman, NYG 19 REC 279 YDs 2 TDs; QB Jordin Gibson, CHI 48/93 926 YDS 7 TDs 13 INTs

Defensive Rookie of the Year

SS Tiras Israel, MIA
18 TACK, 2 TFL, 3 INTs, 1FF

Leading all rookies in tackles and interceptions and leading his team in both of those categories as well. He's been the glue that has held this defense together. With the injury to second year safety Dontravious it was up to Tiras to keep that defense sturdy. Despite their 0-4 start that defense is 5th against the rush and 13th in total yards allowed. This largely in part to the play of Tiras and his front 7. Coming in a close close second is DE Artez Cousins of the Buffalo Bills.

Honorable Mentions: DE Artez Cousins, BUF; 10 TACK, 6 TFL, 4 QTRBACKTACKs; CB Edwin Johnson, ATL; 14 TACK, 2 TFL, 1 QTRBACKTACK, 1 INT

Offensive Player of the Year

QB Matt Ryan
72/132 1501 YDS 14 TDs 8 INTs

I don't even know how or why I disregarded Matty Ice in the preseason predictions. He's only averaged like 5,400 yards 40+ tds the past two season and I still had the audacity to disrespect him by not mentioning him in the preseason picks. Shame on me. But here I am showing him regard with his 14 touchdown throws being tied for first alongside QB Kevin Kolb of ARI. Had his INT total been down a bit then maybe he'd be considered for MVP talks. HB CJ2K of TEN is running in second for this award.

Honorable Mentions: HB CJ2K, TEN; 93 CAR, 629 YRDs, 8 TDs; TE Tony Gonzalez, ATL; 27 REC, 485 YRDs, 4 TDs

Defensive Player of the Year

OLB Mario Williams, NE
21 TACKs, 9 QTRBACKTACKs, 1 INT, 1 FF

He's averaging 2 quarterback tackles a game, #2 in total tackles on the year, AND he's already increased his last years quarterback tackles amount by 4 and it's only the 4th game of the season. He's the front runner for comeback player of the year as well as he has just been simply dominating the first few weeks of the season. The Patriots were bound to be scary this year with all of their offseason star acquisitions but did anyone suspect them of being this scary? FS Deaires Justice from NYJ is running in a close second for this award.

Honorable Mentions:
FS Deaires Justice, NYJ; 17 TACKs, 2 QTRBACKTACKs, 3 INTs, 4 FFs; MLB Derrick Pauseson, KC; 22 TACKs, 1 QTRBACKTACK, 5 INTs

MVP

QB Tom Brady
70/101 1213 YDs, 13 TDs, 1 INT

Did you really expect anyone else? He's shredding the league right now and is on pace for 52 touchdowns and only 4 INTs. Though this won't happen but with the weapons he has on both sides of the football can you really say that in full confidence? I know I can't. WR Dez Bryant has been absolutely explosive for the Pats as he has 21 catches and 471 with 5 tds and has been making plays for Brady left and right. Anything less than a Patriots superbowl banner being raised at the beginning of next season should be considered absolute failure for the glory boys over in Boston. Only thing that could stop the Pats are the Pats themselves. Oh and for the record...Tom Brady HAS been battle tested. He has two 4th quarter comebacks wins against two of the better teams in the Buffalo Bills and Arizona Cardinals. Remember...Arizona vs. New England was the preseason pick for the Super Bowl. A rematch of those two teams would be ideal for the league.

Honorable Mentions: QB Matt Ryan, ATL; HB Chris Johnson, TEN; QB Kevin Kolb, ARI

Surprise Player of the Year

HB Johnny White, BUF
75 CAR, 354 YDs, 4 TDs

Who? The the reaction of many when this name was delivered to me. He has elevated his gameplay and outright taken the starting HB spot from potential first round bust C.J. Spiller. At 5'9 you would expect him to be this shifty running back in the form of a Maurice Jones-Drew. But he's more of a Michael Turner mold in a MJD body (pause). You have to imagine though as the season runs on he'll be slowed down due to the power house running stopping defenses in the AFC. But who knows? Only time can tell.

Honorable Mentions: WR Josh Morgan, SF; 19 RECs, 327 YDs, 4 TDs; QB Peter New(pause)er 72/127, 1321 YDs, 10 TDs, 11 INTs

Most Disappointing Player of the Year

HB Arian Foster
76 CAR, 298 YDs, 0 TDs

The 2011 rushing champ and 2012 runner up has looked little if anything close to his past two seasons form. To his credit...he's faced 3 of the most solid run defenses in the league (Patriots, Jets, & Titans) but even still the stat that shocks me is the fact that he has yet to score on the ground this year. He has a couple tough games left before his schedule lightens up. Hopefully then Arian Foster will return to superstar form before it's too late.

Honorable Mentions: QB Josh Freeman, TB; WR Mike Thomas, JAC

We'll be back for the Midseason Review in a couple of weeks where we'll go over contenders and pretenders as well as the possible awards.

Last edited by Simile000; 01-16-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2012, 04:39 PM   #2
MVP

TheKingOfVa's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: (( '13 First QTR Review ))

Great write up Keep a look out for Arizona rookie DE Quayshon Merchant, he should be on the defensive rookie of the year radar by mid season since we are switching to the 4-3.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:53 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa
Great write up Keep a look out for Arizona rookie DE Quayshon Merchant, he should be on the defensive rookie of the year radar by mid season since we are switching to the 4-3.
Thank you sir. I was wondering when he was going to see the field for the Cardinals. Good luck with your new defensive scheme.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:14 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Another nice write up!..things like this really add to the league...Look for Gibson to make a push for Offensive Rookie of the Year..hes averaging over 300 passing ypg since getting the starting job week 2...just gotta get those terrible Int numbers down
Old 01-16-2012, 08:51 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshtonKusher313
Another nice write up!..things like this really add to the league...Look for Gibson to make a push for Offensive Rookie of the Year..hes averaging over 300 passing ypg since getting the starting job week 2...just gotta get those terrible Int numbers down
Thank you for the regard. Yeah the INT - TD ratio of Gibson is the only thing stopping him from being the front runner for the award.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2012, 12:30 PM   #6
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Nice work....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »