Home

Success stories of cpu generated draft players

This is a discussion on Success stories of cpu generated draft players within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-14-2012, 11:14 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Success stories of cpu generated draft players

So although some of them are jacked up, i love cpu generated draft classes. I enjoy the variety. How they have guys from china, russia, eastern europe, etc.

Anyways, i wanted to hear of other people who enjoy these draft classes successful player stories that came out of here. I have two.

First, i have a 6'11 c from kentucky who came out with a b inside and a def and rebounding, 78 overall. His first year he averaged 18ppg and 12rbg. This was mostly from sim games!! By year 3, he was fifth in scoring, and second in rpg and 1 in bpg. Can u say d12 clone?? Thanks cpu!!

Second, in another chise i had a 6'11' sf/c from china. No joke he was a dirk mirror image. Nasty midrange game, could shoot threes, rebound, and defense. Came out a 74 overall, ended up around a 85 ish. Was fun to play with. Season avg was around 22ppg and 10rpg, but could sink threes and mid range shots.

What about u guys? No negatives please.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2012, 11:26 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Success stories of cpu generated draft players

From 2k11, I landed the 1st pick with the Knicks after simming my first season and winning 30 games for like a 2% chance. I'd been scouting a promising Italian center (I'm italian) by the name of Nando Balestrieri. I had low rated scouts, and his potential was only rated a B by them, but I took him over prospects they liked better because I wanted a paesan.

Nando was a beast. 7'4", 300 lbs, great touch, great defense, and his potential when I drafted him turned out to be 94!

He had 2 great seasons before my association file glitched horribly.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:30 AM   #3
MVP

Yea, nice!!! I am secretly hoping to get a 7 foot 6 guy like yao ming, who i would have just loved to see what he could have done in 20 seasons, so sad.

Anyways, yea i have gotten some good guys off the draft man.

Keep em coming.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:40 AM   #4
Pro

Patriots1996's Arena

I got a guy who was 6-6 215 and a small forward. I drafted him 45th overall and he turned out to be a good shooter with decent rebounding skills, 64 overall. He was my sixth man his rookie year And he averaged 15-5 and he ended up 87 overall after 4 seasons

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2012, 05:36 PM   #5
Pro

lkasprzak's Arena

OVR: 10

I remember in 2k8 or 2k9 the CPU Kings drafted with no.1 SF who won an MVP in his 1st season. That was amazing, he was like Oscar Robertson.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2012, 07:48 AM   #6
Rookie

Last night I drafted a 7'3 Center out of Hungary with the 57th overall pick. He started off a 44 overall, but with a 75 potential. After two years in the D League his is up to a 61, and has a 90 shot close
Old 01-16-2012, 08:18 AM   #7
Rookie

Slightly off topic, but i have a young pg with some potential, his iso dribbling skills, most of it are average and good at best, so i am wondering, when he gains experience, will the skills get improved? Or sending him to a training camp helps?
Old 01-16-2012, 04:21 PM   #8
Banned

THEone86's Arena

OVR: 2

Two Words.

Orlando. Marshall.

This 6'5 SF out of Oregon, turned into LBJ. No kidding, well. his game was more built around a jumpshooting ultimate scoring machine, like KD, or Kobe, but after 7 years in the league, this guy averaged almost 30 PPG, 6 RPG and 5 APG.

Rediculous, decided to play a game with him, and WOW. This dude IS A MONSTER. He was dunking Like Griffin and Shooting like Jimmer.. He's amazing.

The 2 games I played with him he had 40 lol. Beast.

On a side note, another reason i LOVE LOVE LOVE CPU generated draft classes is because the random variation in Shoes , Equipment, but most of all... Signature play.

I had this center I picked for the heat with the 60th pick, and He had a very clean looking one handed jumper, couldn't make one, but that one handed shot + Set shot 4 = Beautiful.. 2K12's sigs are ink dude.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »